Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is the right area, but im trying to get my dell desktop working and after I reformatted the harddrive my copy of XP wont F*cking work. Do any of you computer guys know where i can get a copy of xp online that i can download to a disk. I dont have too much money to work with so im trying to do it on the cheap.

thanks

·
Registered
'03 TB Evo VIII
4 Posts
If it's a Dell then the easiest thing you can do is find a Dell XP disc. Any Dell XP disc will do, even if it's from another computer. It will install without asking for a key and will not need to be activated or any of that BS. You can download one from many of the torrent sites out there too, I'd recommend using uTorrent for the downloading app. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: If you can't find a Dell disc, then any OEM disc will do just make sure you use the key which is on the side of the case. Heads up though, it might not activate over the internet so it's possible you'll have to actually call Microsoft and tell them you had to re-install the operating system. Just follow the on-screen steps if that happens.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
ummm...if you own the dell legitlly give them a call, tech support should help you out with that...

·
Registered
'03 TB Evo VIII
4 Posts
I deal with Dell on a daily basis, they will most likely tell you to call Microsoft. Only thing Dell is great for is warranty work on hardware, I would never call them for any software support. You can def give it a shot though.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
unfortunetly in order to get the original windows onto his dell he needs dells assistance, unless he knows what he is doing in which case he would not be asking for advice

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
did you find a dell xp cd? if not, let me know, where in delaware are you? new castle by any chance? if so, i can hook you up with one on sunday (maybe monday)

sloopy.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY SHIT YEA MAN BRING ONE BY lol. sorry for the caps. yea im in new castle. you have a pm!!. I have a windows xp cd that i bought a while ago and the key is still in the case and it keeps giving me an error message. I got this desktop off my girl because she bought a laptop. So im trying to get an operating system on it to use it.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
i couldnt find a xp home cd but gave my sis a xp pro cd, my bro will have it tomorrow, dunno when he works, i will call him tomorrow, his cell isnt on tonight, the cd may recognize the machine being a dell and not need a cd key, if not i will look around and try and find you one, or you can find one (any one from a computer that ISNT being used will work, or get one from where i told yoou on the phone) but it should install fine without one...

sloopy.

p.s. and one thing you should always do is when you buy software put the cd key if needed on the cd itself with a felt tip permanent marker, so if you lose the paper work and still have the cd your still in business...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts