Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, her is the story. i have a d16a6 block i just built. i was putting a stock z6 head on it what just got checked out. was rushing myself to put it on. i ended up breaking the far right cam/distributor girdle. so i pick up a junkyard head for it. can i used that cam girdle or should i rebuild the new one. and do you guys think i should just build the head if i want 350 whp?
thanks for the help
brett

·
Registered
841 Posts
you could reuse the cam girdle if its in good shape..and you dont need to build the head..theres plenty of builds that made 300-350 to the wheels with stock heads..the z6 head can with stand 400-450hp stock..note me if im wrong.

you cant go wrong with rebuilding the head though..worth it in the long run

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
do not use that other cam girdle without getting it allignbored.
it will eat up the cam. your better off just going through and rebuilding the junkyard head.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
boostedsohc thats what i was thinking too. i was pretty sure i heard that in the past. the junkyard motor looked like it throw a rod out the block, so im guessing new valves would be neede for it. ill just take it to get checked out next week.
thanks

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
boostedsohc thats what i was thinking too. i was pretty sure i heard that in the past. the junkyard motor looked like it throw a rod out the block, so im guessing new valves would be neede for it. ill just take it to get checked out next week.
thanks
where did the cam holder break at? you can weld those back up yknow. if its the top peice that the dizzy bolts to you can take the old one and get a welder to tig it back up real quick and it will not distort the bore as long as he keeps it cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the break happend on the part between the where the cam girdle is at and where the distibutor is at. i think there is like on oil passage there. thats rite where is snapped. i made a big noob mistake and had the timming belt on it. and i was bringing it down with the small bolt that you us a 10mm socket on. ive had the head of and on like 3 times in the last coupleyears. just takes one time to mess up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts