Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
95 honda ex
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I need some advise about my set-up. Its a d16z6 with vitara 75.5 custom legth I-beam rods, the block have been milled 0.020 under. The head is just rebuild with top line valves, zex springs and a two angle grind. Now how will this spool with a to4e 60a/r 63a/r turbo along with a cast manifold with centered wastegate port. Heres some pictures

pretty shitty pictures. Mybad

·
Registered
95 honda ex
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent started it yet. u think its gonna spool the 63a/r turbine to full boost? Should I be looking for something smaller ? Like 57trims?

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you have milled the block 0.020" your pistons will stick out of the bore 0.018". If you have a 0.030" headgasket you have 0.012" piston to head clearance. The motor will not last long.

I would like to see a PTH clearance of 0.040 at least. You can either run a thick headgasket and kill your compression or get the pistons machined

Heres what i had to do on my y8 with 0.010" milled off the block. I took 0.020" off the pistons and run a 0.030" headgasket.

·
Registered
95 honda ex
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Umm. The piston were still in the bore itself, not sticking out by any means. But why atleast 0.040 pth clearance? Can u explane please. I thought milling would higher compression? And plus I had too, the surface of the bores were uneven where the bores meet.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
light year= how far light travels in a vacuum in one year
Bingo! Thus being a measure of distance.

Umm. The piston were still in the bore itself, not sticking out by any means. But why atleast 0.040 pth clearance? Can u explane please. I thought milling would higher compression? And plus I had too, the surface of the bores were uneven where the bores meet.
I would assume so you don't have any valve interference issues. And milling the Piston will lower the compression ratio but it will lower it less than running a super thick HG.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Yeah, so 15 light years = (distance light travels in a year) x 15 years.
So you travel 15 light years in 15 years.
Correct. Hence why when refering to other planitery bodies people say it's X light years away.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Yeah, so 15 light years = (distance light travels in a year) x 15 years.
So you travel 15 light years in 15 years.
If you feel like traveling 299,792,458 meters per second, yes. :bigok:

(thats 671 million mph btw)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry Sweed, but you're wrong on this one. LY is a rate. Distance x Time.

OP-Just clay the motor so you know you don't have clearance issues.

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Ok noob question here, what do you mean clay the motor? Never heard of that

Edit: OP, on the pic of the bottom end with the oil pan off and whatnot, is there a oil pan gasket stuck to the block or is that paint? If its paint be sure to scrape it all off reall well, otherwise theres a pretty good chance itl leak

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ok noob question here, what do you mean clay the motor? Never heard of that
You use strips of clay on top of the piston where it would most likely hit. Then you put the head on (high cam if vtec) and rotate the engine so the valves open and close as normal. It pushes the clay down then you take it apart to measure how much room you got.

Claying a motor - Honda, Acura Tech Website, tutorials, tuning and HOW-TO's. Drag racing, street racing, road racing - C-speedracing.com

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts