Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now my buddy has a 91 SI CRX. here is what he wants to do with it.

well he has a d16a6 i do beleive thats what the CRX SI come stock with correct? well he wants to do a mini me on it. Will a y8 head bolt onto his d16? or will he have to use a d15 block? also he wants to build up his bottom end as well here is what he was thinking of:

JE pistons
Ross Piston Rings (these were the only ones he could find)
Crower Billet Rods
Dart Sleeves
Drag 3 Turbo Kit ( i was thinking get the kit and sell the manifold and buy a Lovefab one)
Hondata S200
LSD? Where can he find one? Besides Phantom Grip

Clutch? What clutch would be ideal for this setup?

He got ahold of a y8 head the parts are all brand new and never put onto a car

Crower Stage 2 Cam (street cam)
Crower Valve Springs, retainers, valves
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
3 angle valve job

·
Got some PHAT ass?
909 Posts
a y8 head will bolt on, but I'd go with a z6 head. I don't think the sleeves are necessary. You could skip the cam since your going turbo. Don't get a Phantom Grip LSD there useless. Other then that it sounds good. should really rip

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
setup looks good.....look out for quiafe lsd's. mmrusa.com may have them not sure....and if your gonna use the y8 head i really suggest porting it.....and the zex 59300 cam is better for turbo applications.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
definitely look for a quaife lsd, but good luck. i guess they're backordered till november everywhere.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
sounds like a damn good setup, what obd are you going to be running. if obd0 why not use turboedit? if obd1 why not uberdata? work the same as hondata. will same you a chunk of money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts