Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 94 DX I am wondering what I should do: Should I keep it in there and try to make something of it or get a different engine? If I go with a different engine I want a D-Series since they are so much cheaper than other series motors, also I want to keep the automatic tranny since it came with it and it would make more since to just keep the auto in there rather than switching to manual. Which auto tranny is the best that will work with the new engine if I go that route?

Thanks
Mat

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
it depends what you want to do with the car...do you want to go boost? n/a? a fun little daily driver with just a bit of pep? let us know what your goals are, and we can help you out a lot more. my personal suggestion is to get a y8 or a z6 (both d16's), and honestly it would be better in the long run if you got a manual tranny. it will hold more power, and you can do more with it. the honda auto trannies are unfortunately made for comfort and smooth shifting, not for gobs of power. that's not to say you can't put power on them, just not as much as a manual.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my main goal is to just make it alittle quicker for daily driving purposes, and I dont want to dump money into the manual shift since I am not going to race it or anything, just want it to be a fun daily driver. Any ideas?

Mat

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car is also a daily driver

you should go ahead with the i/h/e and then your best bet is to probably get better tires. How much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
or do what i did and get a d15b :)

I too have a 94 civic (sedan)....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the differences in the D16 and D15? Just cubic size? I know with the V8's you can bore them out to get bigger displacement, can that be done with the civics?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know you can't bore out the engines much but what about stroking them (thus still gaining displacment, but yes i know you lose some of the rev ability)

Is it doable?

-Juan

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The differences between D15 and D16 can be found on this page:

http://www.vampkaworu.net/stampern/4g4d/specs.html

But here's the info anyway -

---------------------------
D15B
Bore x Stroke
75.0 x 84.5 mm, 2.952 x 3.326 in

Displacement
1,493 cc, 91.1 cu-in

Compression Ratio
9.2:1

Horsepower
92 bhp @ 6000

Torque
Torque 89 lb-ft @ 4500

Rev-limiter
6800 RPM
---------------------------
D16A

Bore x Stroke
75.0 x 90.0 mm, 3.0 x 3.5 in

Displacement
1,590 cc, 97.0 cu-in

Compression Ratio
9.1:1

Horsepower
108 bhp @ 6000

Torque
100 lb-ft @ 5000

Rev-limiter
7100 RPM

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
it's suggested not to stroke the d-series. D's are already very well made on that end, and unlike the b-series, they don't need stroker kits or anything like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts