Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys, I'm finally starting my first turbo honda project and I wanted some advice on what parts and whatnot to buy for my project.

I have an EC9 which I bought dirt cheap for 460 euro (that's about 550 dollars. I'm from Portugal) to have as my weekend fun car. It came with a mint 1400cc dual carb engine (D14A1) that puts about 90hp.

It's really fun to drive but it's just not enough. The main purpose of the build will be DRAG.
Therefore I've already acquired a D16Z6 to slap in there once I have all the parts that I need for the turbo setup.

Hopefully my project will consist of 2 stages:
- Stage 1 will consist in running stock block and only push it around 180whp.
- Stage 2 will consist in basicly building the block and push it to around 300whp.

I only need advice for the turboing part. I already have the swap part covered.

These are the parts I already have:
- The engine itself
- Wideband
- Burner
- Ostrich
- Hulog
- Chipped P28
- ZEX 53500 Cam
- Supertech springs
- Bisimoto adjustable cam gear
- VTi throttle-body (62mm wide)

Parts I already have in mind:
- Electronic Boost Controller
- ARP studs (for the head and other parts maybe? what do you recommend?)
- Cometic HG
- Hondata heatshield
- Port & Polish for the head?

I'm thinking of buying a XS-POWER turbo kit (this one: D16 Civic 88-2000 Turbo Kit & Complete Intercooler Kit -CRX, Acura Honda Turbo Kits, XS Power Inc.). I have examples in my country of these kits runnings with no problems.
But there is one problem, this chassi that I have doesn't have that tipical hole behind the passenger headlight where most cars have their intake pipe that comes from the intercooler. I will have to either buy a kit that doesn't use that hole or just a hole on it.

I think that's about it. What advice can you guys give me on this? Currently I have about 1500 euro to spend on this. (that's about 1800 dollars)

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
1,831 Posts
and arp rod bolts to go with the arp head studs. but your first build of 180whp you can just use your oem head bolts..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hit up rc or go autoworks and see what they can do for you. 1800 will get you just about everything to get you going. If that's your budget on just the turbo kit.
Well, I already thought of that, but the main problem with ordering from the us is the custom taxes.
They charge about 20% on the price of my order. It would blow away my budget.
I can get that kit from xspower with no custom taxes. That's mostly why I'm learning towards it.

If the manifold cracks I'll get a better one, it's no big deal. But I'm sure I can get some fun out of it none the less.

What more do you guys think I should buy?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Well, I already thought of that, but the main problem with ordering from the us is the custom taxes.
They charge about 20% on the price of my order. It would blow away my budget.
I can get that kit from xspower with no custom taxes. That's mostly why I'm learning towards it.

If the manifold cracks I'll get a better one, it's no big deal. But I'm sure I can get some fun out of it none the less.

What more do you guys think I should buy?
injectors, fuel pump

and you need valve spring & retainers for your cam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
injectors, fuel pump

and you need valve spring & retainers for your cam
Will the fuel pump really be necessary for my first stage/goal?

I've already sourced some nice DSM 510cc injectors for a good price.

I already have supertech valve springs as listed in the parts I already have list.

And will be purchasing retainers in the mean time. Do I need anything else, head wise?

To what RPMS will I be able to push with this head setup?

Thank you all for your inputs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts