Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just got fired from my last trucking job as some of you know. i moved in to a cool house in the country cheap with a cool roomates and we throw parties all the time, and this is the first time in my life im socializing and i like it. and the first time in my life (22) im talking to girls and have been talking to a few. i just got a job driving a dump truck 25 bux an hour but work is slow in the winter time and they cant have me start till it picks up in few weeks nbd. i have alof of money stashed so not worried bout money. that being said an otr comapny which seems real cool 15 trucks, loose leaf logs etc. wants to hire me i will be getting paid aprx throwing a num out there 20% more.

now here is the kicker the last 3 months of driving a truck otr drove me crazy physicly hurt to drive i could not sleep and hurt to be awake. i was so lonely its litterally impossible to be in a relationship on the road let alone me who has no expirence with relationships. and i want to be in one bad obviously.

so what should i do keep the dump truckin home every night job or make a little more driving otr.

·
Registered
165 Posts
man if you got the money to wait it out i would wait and take the dump truck job.from what you are saying it really sucked doing the otr.

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks trans needed that

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
thanks trans needed that
I was serious. Being out on the road, not all truckers are made for it. Hell my crazy ass idea towing a camper to repair transmissions, not 100% sure of myself.

Running a dump, local, home to your bed every night even if you pull 12 hours, easy call. Do you even have to mess with logbook or HOS bullshit?

$25 an hour to jam gears, my bed every night....where do I fucking sign up at?

"Hauling logs" how much more $$$ will there be camping at truckstops due to HOS?

Paid by the hour locally or paid by the load? If traffic goes to hell, you get paid locally to sit in it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
if it the trucking thing bothered you...not worth doing for extra scratch.

if you want something to do in your downtime working as the dump driver get some part time bullshit that has a discount in something you can use...

the extra money isn't worth being unhappy, most people don't realize this until they are way older than you.

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
dump truck for sure.

i know you're in a itch to socialize, but beware: not everyone around is a friend. like sharks on blood, there are people that smell money and stay around just because of that. in the name of "friendship" they end up sucking your money and leaving you alone in the end.

so be careful.

·
Registered
651 Posts
should you schedule your life around your work? Or schedule work around your life? If you can answer that then you clearly know. Which job to take.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
I would do the dump truck. Just think of being able to pull up next to the bitches in the dump truck with the stereo blastin some metallica out of the blown speakers, oh yeah, your gonna get some tail for sure ;).

I wouldnt want to be on the road, it seems like a lonely lifestyle to have.

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks so much err body but need some more opps

keep in mind though the dump truck job will pay alot less but at the same time it is defantly livable especially with my cheap ass and my money saved up

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
I live off 35k a year and I know that 25/hr is 52k a year with no overtime figured 40hr weeks. I got my own house and spend a ton in gas driving to work and back. If i can make it on such measly pay i think you could too.

Maybe you want to go back to doing the otr trucking and your afraid to admit it. I dont know though, just speculating. I know this after working at many of jobs, dont do a job you really dont want to do.

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i do but i want my old truck with my old comapny with loose leaf logs and home every weekend

·
Registered
977 Posts
The only way to make it happen tibby, is to MAKE IT HAPPEN. switching back and forth when its clear you WANT to follow the money right now is gonna be harder to fight than a drug addiction.

Take a few steps in either direction, see which one pans out first. Its all you in the end. If you otr? what r ur limits? if you dump? how much work is actually available compared to otr?

Being a trucker CAN be cool, the pays good, all that.

What most truckers DONT have is the freedom to operate at their leisure. Im sure if you could? you would...so, setup some options for yourself. try to negotiate. If they like your work they'll put u on whenever ur available. Thats how being valuable in the workplace works.

So...the grind? or the chill?

·
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shit i really dont know dump truck might not pick up till feb but i got a job i think at wally im supposed to start next week unless they forgot bout me. im leaning toward dump truck

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
watch out for yourself.... it usually doesnt go to well when people discover sex drugs and alcohol when they are over 18 years old.

you go to jail a lot easier when ur over 18. lol. i learned all my lessons before i could go to jail. as should everyone.

be stupid when your a kid.

now that that is out of the way. your priority should be money. buy property. once you own property women will want to suck you all day. they are all gold diggers except if you meet your soul mate.

do you think you will find your soul mate at your party house? if so keep it up. if not, make money fuck bitches.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts