Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dunno if anyone on here will have this info, or have an oem lsd laying around that could be spec'd out quick, but I need to know the ring gear bolt pattern diameter of hopefully all of the oem d-series lsd's- d15b, hydro zc, cable zc, etc. Whatever you got I'll take! I need actual measurement and where you took the measurement from, ie- center to center of directly opposing bolts, etc
If you could please also include number of ring gear bolts (10/12/14/etc), and diameter of diff (case) bearings. Also what axles it takes, ie- normal d-series/integra/etc and what domestic market it originally came from if you have that info.

Anyone who can come up with solid, reliable info will be owed rep for life from a lot of us here!

:cool:

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
transzex said:
would you put a B series LSD into a tranny?????

Honda did, now refigure your question.
You make no sense man... he never asked about a B-series stock LSD... only asking for info on those other types of trannys.... am i right?

He just wants a measurement from the LSD's ring-gear bolt holes on different types of stock transmissions so he knows which one it will fit into =P

Good to hear u got a Stock LSD... hopefully it holds up if u get it installed...

If u find out it will fit a JDM ZC S20 (P20/B000 stamp) transmission, and u have no use for it Im all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake! lolz!

Good luck getting that measurement...

the best one to ask would be transzex.... he's the trans. god around here =)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
stmotorsports said:
eh? I'm lost...

where did the original q go wrong?
I'm not 100% sure but i think Transzex is saying to ask whats the best lsd to use.

Transzex if i'm wrong lmk.

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There just seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the oem d-series lsd's, like supposedly certain ones have 14 ring gear bolts instead of the normal 10, some are 10-bolt but it's a larger bolt pattern than the normal 10-bolt pattern, some use regular d-series axles but some use the larger integra inner splines... etc etc

I'm basically just trying to get some solid evidence on exactly which is which

·
0 Posts
I will take a look on my transmition.

It should be fairly easy to figure out. There is a metric formula to figure the diamiter of a circle with a certain number of holes. I'll go through my books to find it for you.

B

·
0 Posts
I think he is referring to the idea that it is a shelf B-series LSD that honda re-used in a Sohc case.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
what, you didn't know you can fit a LS diff in a D series?

Why you think they have to use the intermediate shaft setup??????

Now you can fit a stock LS diff with minor grinding on the case, but only two people know about it.

EX diff bearing

LS diff bearing

LS spool using NEW HONDA EX diff bearings......

Helps that you know how to cross check part numbers :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Wow idk that. Now i see what u where saying about the lsd.

·
Registered
110 Posts
would it jsut be as simple as swapping to a vss from an ls and then converting your cluster to one that runs vss? or is that just too simple to work? what size axles do the ls run? as in are these for the smaller inner cv's or would they fit large dohc zc cv's?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
oil scrapers need trimmed and ZC axle setup, just for starters.

yeah, no one knows what I mean about the scrapers, but they are there from the factory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts