Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my cable tranny outside the car, need to fabricate a small bracket between the tranny and the front of the car next to the clutch arm.

Someone who has a cable tranny inside their car, can you take a minute and take a couple of pics around the area I described above?

Pic of where I'm pointing. I know this one has a hydro tranny, but I'm talking about a cable tranny.

Pointing down, so I can see the clutch arm and the clearance around it.

If you're feeling generous, you could take a minute and measure the ground clearance from the end of the clutch arm (where the cable attaches) to... the ground.

Won't take more than 5 minutes, I promise!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Only cable tranny I have right now is a B series in a CRX, if you need pics let me know.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Dont know exactly what you need, so I just took a bunch of pics from different angles, this is a b18a1 and matching cable tranny:

There is 13" of clearance at the very end of the shaft to the ground, but my car sits VERY high right now, fronts are 195 50 R15:

Hope that helps some

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trying to make one of those trans torque brackets that are only available for b series?
Slave bracket for a cable tranny. Using a Competition Stage 5 clutch, don't want to fuck with broken cables. So converting to hydro. Would have converted to a hydraulic release bearing but don't think they make them for D series dimensions.

Dont know exactly what you need, so I just took a bunch of pics from different angles, this is a b18a1 and matching cable tranny:
Hope that helps some
That does help.

Still waiting on the guy who lives in his truck and BeerDrinkin.

·
Registered
844 Posts
ballin

the chassis is a crx si so its tight in there

obvious but still worth sayin inches on one side and centimeters on the other

hopefully your getting them?

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, got the pics. Should be good to go.

Didn't want to go with a pull-type slave. Push type slaves are available here for peanuts; haven't found a single pull type slave in any parts store here.

The top mounted pedals will give you a better pedal ratio, I believe. Regardless, I've calculated that I will not need to apply more than 30lbs of pedal pressure to the brake in most cases. Will be running RL calipers and 11.8" rotors up front and Si disc conversion in the rear with custom fabbed caliper brackets that I've already made.

Only the clutch was remaining. Cheers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts