Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy one, I'm installing new spark plug seals on my new valve cover. They go in pretty easy one way, but the old ones were the other way around. Could somebody take a pic of the underside of their valve cover so I can see which side is supposed to face down. Thanks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
what motor???

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D16Z6, would it be easier if I take a pic and you tell me if its right or wrong?

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check back in two minutes for pics

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to graveltravel for the pimp ass valve cover

Which is right the one on the left or the right?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Right

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part deux, is there an easy way to get these bitches in? I lubed em with petroleum jelly, and it's still bein a bitch!

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
sry to tell yall guys but the one on the left is correct. when looking at the valvecover from the inside (valvetrain side) the center of the seal should be pointing toward you. this prevents oil from seepin out. Its easy to get em in the valve cover this way but you have to be careful when reinstallin it you have to be careful not to rip the new seals on the plug tubes, take your time and spread each seal to get them to slide on and they will work perfect. the one on the right side of the picture will leak.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
when i pulled apart a stock d15 they were like shown on the right.ive never heard of anyone running them like the one on the left.

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
when i pulled apart a stock d15 they were like shown on the right.ive never heard of anyone running them like the one on the left.
d15 vtec? were the spark plug tubes on the front or backside?

thats how my stock ones were when i pulled em out. and they had never been changed on my y8 head. they were ripped to hell. but yea, the tension spring on the inner part of the seal should be facing the valvetrain. if it has one on it. cant remember tho.

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
d15b vtec yea the spark plug tubes are in the front.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I arranged mine like on the left... That's how they sat in my Z6 head when I opened it. I'm certain that is the correct way.

And by the way, that valve cover looks gorgeous. What paint was used on it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts