1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy of mine, is swapping out his d16z6 and is goin b16b + boost

he's offered me

d16z6 with 228 000KM
with the si tranny and a centre force stage 2 clutch (7months old)
its missing the distributor, but thats because i bought it off him awhile ago.

the only problem is its only running on 3 cylinders. he thinks the piston is cracked..

he said 350$ CAD..
what you people think i should do..

all i really want is the engine, but i could always use the clutch and tranny if mine fuck up..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think even if you were to disregard the fact that it has a blown piston, your getting an z6 head, intake manifold, throttle body, clutch and z6 transmission for 350. Usually 350 would get you just the tranny. I would go for it as long as everything else is good. You could always get another piston and replace the bad one or get another block for cheap. If you were to part out those pieces im sure you can get more than 350 for them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
d16z6

i agree with jarrod even if block can't be salvaged which i am positive it can be the parts are still worth more than what you are paying

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
$350CDN is about $300US. I wouldn't be too quick to pay $300 for a busted engine. No telling what type of damage it really has until you pull the head and drop the oil pan... If the block is hosed, then you would barely be able to recoup your money by selling the tranny and head.

were they boosting on the engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts