Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started out with Ostrich and Hulog tuning with Crome Pro. *Which worked well. *Then a "friend" *sold me his ecu with what he said was Hondata v2. *Turns out it's a version 1. *First the Ecu was bad so I had to get a new ecu, modify it for manual and chip it for vtec and Hondata. *Installed it and it worked for a few weeks but now Hondata wont take any changes to the fuel map and randomly disconnects while data logging. *So I'm pretty sure the battery on it is going bad.

So Im at a crossroads with what to do. *Do I send out the Hondata and upgrade to ver. 3 for $380. *Go back to the Moates setup with Crome? *I'm conflicted because if I do the upgrade I will have spent well over what buying a new Ver 3 chip would've cost.

This will be going on a boosted and built d16z6. *

So what would you guys do in this situation. *This is basically the last thing that needs figured out before I can swap my engine and install the turbo so it's really frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would just get crome gold and call it a day... You have everything already... Grab a wideband and egt sensor and go tuning...
I used both.. I think they're very similar except crome gold with work with just a socket and the little stuff you have to do to the ecu.. Like jump j12 and put in resistors.. You should know you used crome...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Neptune RTP all day! I used chrome for a while and once I made the switch to neptune, I havent went back. I used it in my drag car, daily, my brother uses it. Very user friendly program!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't mind, they all worked for me. Whatever the customer had I tuned it with what they had.. I liked the neptune 2 step on the fly option... He is already set up with crome... His best bet it's just continue using it... He would spend too much money switching and jest not worth it when he can get the same stuff done with any program... Pretty simple set up...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very well put. If you are going to keep your setup simple and have the stuff for crome. Use that. If you dont mind spending the extra money for some more features and plan on upgrading your setup, I would go with neptune.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I sold the Moates setup so Crome is out. I'm debating neptune Now. The cost of the board and license is only about $20 more than the Hondata upgrade.

So for those of you that have used both. Is chipping the ECU the same for Hondata and Neptune. Like can I use the same ecu that I have Hondata in now for the Neptune board? IE not having to change out the header pins. They look to be about the same.

Also. am I correct in saying that you cannot use crome with the Demon board? I remember reading that there was some sort of license conflict.

Because I would def. go with the Demon board using Crome Pro for now and get the Neptune software down the line. That would def be easier and more convenient as this is my daily and I don't have another ECU to use if I sent the Hondata out for upgrade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts