Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm mocking up my turbo and ran into a small problem. I got a drain kit from fast turbo and I don't know if it's going to work. It's super short. I have the original fitting for the turbo and rubber hose I was going to use before I ordered the fast turbo kit. I could really use some advice on which route to go.

Fast Turbo fitting

original fitting

Option 2 with rubber hose

Option 3 rubber house with AN fitting in pan

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean obviously I will cut the braided hose. I didn't know if the angle would be ok or only using like 2 inches of hose between fittings

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I think option 3 would probably be the easiest. Any real issues you'd have would probably be with kinks but the bend in the fitting should help alleviate that possibility. I just went with barbs and hose and there is a slight kink, but not enough to restrict flow so I kept it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Im leaning towards option 3. I feel like there would be alot of pressure on the braided hose using such a short length. It's not super flexible

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont know if you have the hose specs but each hose has a minimum bend radius (tightest bend you can make before kinking) and minimum length specs.
I search fast-turbo's website and there's no specs on the hose.

I think option 3 looks like the best solution at this point.

What Psi usually comes from an oil return

·
Registered
50 Posts
I search fast-turbo's website and there's no specs on the hose.

I think option 3 looks like the best solution at this point.

What Psi usually comes from an oil return
For most of the turbos I've had experience with, you don't want any pressure in the return which is why they are usually fed with 3/16" line and have a drain line size of 5/8"

I don't know of anyone who has hooked up a pressure gauge to their return line but I'd say you would ideally want 0psi in the return and *might* be able to get away with a psi or two.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is my drain line. I had issues with the turbo hanging super low. A lot of people told me this set up wouldn't work and that it would smoke and blah blah blah. Well it doesn't. I put about 4,000 miles on it last summer with no problems.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is my drain line. I had issues with the turbo hanging super low. A lot of people told me this set up wouldn't work and that it would smoke and blah blah blah. Well it doesn't. I put about 4,000 miles on it last summer with no problems.

what kind of traction bar is that and did you notice a difference with it? My buddy has one that he wants to sell me for $50. Can't remember who makes it but it's a good company. Looks just like that

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's a full race traction bar. I put it on before my turbo kit and at the same time that I went over the entire suspension so its hard to say how much of a difference I notice.

But I was turbo all last summer and didnt have any problems with wheel hop on hard launches.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts