Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy i know has a d16z6 that hes built for sale i need to know what you guys think of the build and wether or not i should buy it. Thanks

Hes selling for $1300......

Head
D16z6 head, rebuild by Cylinder Head Service in Spokane, WA
Stock port
New OEM valve seals
New OEM retainers
New OEM valve keepers
New OEM spark plug wires
NGK bkr7e spark plugs
Supertech valves
Supertech valve springs
Skunk2 IM
LS 60mm throttle body
Zex 59300 cam
OEM z6 cam gear

Block
D16z6 block, rebuild by myself
YCP 75mm Vitara pistons
Hastings rings
Eagle rods w/ big bolts
ACL main bearings
ACL rod bearings
ARP head studs
New OEM head gasket
New OEM main bolts
New OEM oil pump
New OEM water pump
New OEM oil pick up
New OEM oil pan gasket
New OEM timing belt
New OEM timing belt tensioner

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
lmao i was just looking at that on craigslist. you must be out my way.

potentially hes selling it for what hes put into it with the price of parts being new, which to me was too much since they are now "used". plus i figure id have to tear the bottom end down again to make sure he put it together to spec. i didnt even bother messaging him.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Agreed on selling for the price of new parts. It always makes me nervous buying someone elses engine built or not because you just never know about the problems until they are yours! IMO I would spend a little more than that and build it myself/or by a machine shop for that kinda money. That way you KNOW whats going into it!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, break it down like this...

Head :

*head & head work - $300
*new OEM stuff - $100
*valves - $250
*springs - $200
*S2 IM - $200
*TB-$30
*cam - $230
LOW est. total on just the head stuff : just about the asking price of $1300.

Now add the block into the equation and look, you've got a good deal there. Just my .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would not buy it. You dont know what is true about the inside unless you plan on opening it up before you buy it. It also sounds like this is built for boost. Hope u Have more to spend for the turbo kit. For $1300 You could build that setup yourself. Then at least u Know what u have for sure. Or pay someone. Hell offer him half of what he wants for it thats all it would be worth to me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i would def open it up and check before paying... then go with 75.5 vitaras (take away the ugly piston slap ull prolly have with 75mm) and overbore ull be good ... put that shit back up. 1500 dollars later u have a real good engine ready for BOOST

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
I don't think its that bad of a deal, I'd only offer around a $1k though. But either way he's got close to 2 grand into that set-up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts