Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself a nice 88 Ef, Full stock. Still running on a strong 240k original motor. DPFI d15b2.
I want to put out maybe 130-140hp. 115tq.
I'm already satisfied what this little honda can do.
This is my daily driven car i put around 30miles a day, to drive to work.
What I have planned is putting a si transmission, d16a6 motor. and maybe do a little to the motor to gain those few 10-20 horses.
So I'm on a 800$ budget on building this motor to gain that few horses. I've done my research but I am still not getting the answers i'm looking for. I don't care much for 180+hp or b series swap. to much headaches, to pass smog here in cali.
Any opinions will be appreciated, and take into to thought/consideration thanks!

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
Mpfi swap with a pm6 ecu,
Stock refresh
.020" head mill for 10.22:1 compression with an mls head gasket
delta regrind,
and a street tune on turbo edit.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
I'm glad D16savage posted up. I wasn't sure how far you could go and still pass smog.

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, any thoughts about a after market cam shaft?

if I do the mpfi conversion would it make a big difference if i keep the d15b2 instead of buying a d16a6? i could save myself 300-500$

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
delta regrind,
delta 272 ... 260 grind for smog
Those cost $130 or less shipped and are up there with $220 exospeed units. Get the a6 or jdm obd0 sohc zc non vtec cam and different gear for the cheapest option but they're getting harder to find. You can drive to work for a while on the b1 cam but it'll hold you back as the choke point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts