Honda D Series Forum banner

Which exhaust?

• Say with the world sport, it should be fine for 200whp

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Get the Kteller and make it fit, 3" all the way!

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Hatchback
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Apexi world sport on my car right now, it is a sweet exhaust, sounds stock at idle and a nice low non-rice rumble at WOT. The problem is its only 60mm, has a resonator and a 'NA street muffler'. Should I get say a Kteller 3 inch and have an extension made to fit my edelbrock downpipe? (This is in an EK hatch, kteller only makes catbacks for ek coupes/sedans, the apex bolts right up to the edelbrock downpipe and eliminated the cat) Am I loosing a significant amount of power from the exhaust? I get 6lbs by 3000 or so rpm, and once the boost leaks are out of it and I get it on a dyno I should make good power, but I dont want to spend the $$ for a dyno tune just to switch exhausts and have to do it again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think you would be fine. What size downpipe are you rocking? A TON of guys are just running 2.5" exhausts without issues. I think you are just over thinking everything. Heck, there are plenty of dual cams running 2.5" with a large turbo, so no worries.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You certainly will not need a 3inch exhaust. According to Corky Bell in his book, the benefits of a 3 inch exhaust may not be seen until upwards of 400 whp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts