Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i need alittle help my baby turbo is maxxed out and im barely making 200whp, have a built d16z6 vitara pistons and eagle rods, still have ac and power steering so im looking for a turbo that is capable of making atleast 300whp and still fit in that tight space with the ac compressor.
I took a pic so you guys can see the downpipe by the compressor and see how tight it is down there.
I will be buying the turbo off of ebay so help me out with wat i should get and still have a decent spool. The turbo i have now is i believe a t3 48/42 ar. I just know its very small
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
764 Posts
Posting a t3 really doesn't tell us much. There are several different t3 turbos that range from 150hp up to 360hp. Which one do you have?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posting a t3 really doesn't tell us much. There are several different t3 turbos that range from 150hp up to 360hp. Which one do you have?
I said its the one that has 48/42 ar on stamped on it, its barely good for about 200hp 14psi maybe before it blows hot air

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
just so you know upgrading to a t4 compressor and wheel would be the BEST money spent, and you wouldnt need to change downpipe or anything.

otherwise an egay t3/t4 (44 trim) would be a good choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have a cast iron maniford, so i want something that will bolt back up to the manifold i was thinking more of one of those t3 t4. 57 trim that im seeing on ebay just dont know if it will fit. I dont mind the downpipe i can redo it, however the turbo now is a 4 bolt flange for the dpipe it would be much easier to get some that will bolt up to the downpipe as well as my manifold

·
Registered
764 Posts
Saying it is.42 .48 does not help. You can get all t3 turbos in those ar. We have to know the compressor trim which I am going guess its either 40 trim or 45 trim.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I have a cast iron maniford, so i want something that will bolt back up to the manifold i was thinking more of one of those t3 t4. 57 trim that im seeing on ebay just dont know if it will fit. I dont mind the downpipe i can redo it, however the turbo now is a 4 bolt flange for the dpipe it would be much easier to get some that will bolt up to the downpipe as well as my manifold
Yea an ebay castiron manifold and t3 t4 57 will fit with ac. You will have just about 3inch from flange to back of ac compressor. All you would have to do is cut your downpipe and weld a the 5 bolt flange onto it. That 5th bolt might be hard to get in tho. Speedjunkie done it with a 3inch pipe so search for his posts. Also I have pix in one of my post for the t3 turbo and it clearing ac.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Who would rebuild an eBay Turbo? They cost $95 new. Just keep replacing them if need be, I know a ton of people successfully running China chargers. The quality has changed since the ssautochrome age.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Who would rebuild an eBay Turbo? They cost $95 new. Just keep replacing them if need be, I know a ton of people successfully running China chargers. The quality has changed since the ssautochrome age.
Hey i rebuilt my ebay turbo ... it only cost me 30 bucks and it ran good spooled good till i blew my car up lol i personally like ebay turbos for the price as long as you dont expect to much out of it you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the turbo im using now is from ebay and i put well over 30k miles on it, had it for more than 3 years no problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty much anything you put in there will rock. What is you most limiting factor? Space? Air? Engine Oil? When dealing with a built motor like that, you almost can't go wrong. Something that spins up FAST and can provide 30psia prior to your power band or whatever point is useful. In other words: does it hit max boost at a usable point?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i dont think a 57trim will fit in a tight spot like u have...maybe 50trim??correct me if im wrong..or are 50/57 about the same size???hmmmm i wonder

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm in the process of mocking up everything for my setup and a .57 turbine wth a .50 compressor fit fine with all the ac and ps stuff still on, it was a 5 bolt but a 2.5 dp cleared fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts