Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive called around a lot and i cant find anything but dx trannys. im looking for either an ex or si. anyone have any ideas where i can find one??? its getting frustrating

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hydro... lol the cheapest ive found is 425 or itll have a ton of miles on it. geez for the prices some places are asking i could almost get a nice rebuilt with carbon syncros. well thanks for the help - that site has a lot

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

The most I've ever charge for a EX/Si tranny was $300, and that was after fully going thru it, replacing 2-3 bearings, new 1-2 shift fork and all new seals!!!!

I made a whole $60-70 for my labor for a pristine tranny.

for $425 you'd best get a blow job with it!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!

The most I've ever charge for a EX/Si tranny was $300, and that was after fully going thru it, replacing 2-3 bearings, new 1-2 shift fork and all new seals!!!!

I made a whole $60-70 for my labor for a pristine tranny.

for $425 you'd best get a blow job with it!
Lol...
To the op: Seems like you need to look around a little more...

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh i am believe me. what i dont get is two years ago i paid 300 for a ex tranny from this one place. now they are charging 400 plus for a dx. am i missing something??? lol transzex hook me up- even after shipping id probably still save money hahaha jk im still "noob" status so that doesnt work

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,997 Posts
Local yard used to charge $300 for A000, $350 for B000......some of which I rebuilt for them......

now $350 for A000 and no B000 in stock, but thay want $400 for them.

Right now I don't have the $$$$ or room to buy up used B000's and refurb them.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well maybe ill just rebuild my dx. i wanted the gears of the ex but im not going to spend any more than 300 on a tranny with more than 70xxx miles. on a sidenote, im planning on turbo- will i lose much acceleration with the dx tranny when im running more horses like that? or will the difference between the ex and dx be mostly made up...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have ex 3rd 4th and 5th gears fs if you end up opening your dx. Firs is the same, so only your 2nd would be a bit longer, which inst necessarily bad for boost.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well ive decided to open up my dx and see if its rebuildable. if it is i found a rebuild kit at sms "Civic 96-on 1.6 S40 5 BSS-263-0S $166.00" "Kits include bearings, seals and brass" -decent price/ quality? and are s20 b000 gears straight swap to s40 a000? anyone know of something better since i want to do it right and make it last a while. oh and i was thinking about swapping the 2nd 3rd and 4th out for the ex gears and leaving 5th alone. that way id have better acceleration down low and a good cruising gear still since i do a lot of highway driving. would this work the way i think. im not too knowledgeable about trannys yet so its just an idea for me lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey I found a tranny from discovery auto parts .com for like three hundred bucks with less than 100,000 miles on it and it was an ex. Try checking there. This is a very good company and good people. Hey were can I buy a rebuild kit from? And what is sms?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.