Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as I was driving home from my friend's house, I get on the on-ramp and accelerate and a few seconds, I hear a loud *brawwwwwwwwww!* sound and I start to laugh because I had this problem before with my muffler rusting apart, then I hear a scraping noise, so I pull over to the shoulder, get out of my car and look under and there's my exhaust pipe hanging down.

I want to just buy a whole new exhaust system since I've wanted one for awhile now but I'm not sure what to get so what would you guys recommend? I'm kind of on a tight budget and I want to stay under $600 if possible.

Here's where it rusted off:

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
where do you live? and good luck under 60 is insane hell you could buy a muffler! even a shop building you one would cost 60 or more. i live in illinois my car was my parents so they replaced it time and time agian dad rewelding it time and time again he spent more in replacement exahust then to go out and get stainless. but illinois is worse with salt than most.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do you live? and good luck under 60 is insane hell you could buy a muffler! even a shop building you one would cost 60 or more. i live in illinois my car was my parents so they replaced it time and time agian dad rewelding it time and time again he spent more in replacement exahust then to go out and get stainless. but illinois is worse with salt than most.
I live in Minnesota and my mistake, I meant $600 lol. I was thinking of welding it but I know that another part of the piping will just rust off eventually so that would have been a waste of time.

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
oh ok easy there are two many to list. i went with all dc sports and spent 665 with header back and made my own test pipe the catback was 400 or so.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
What yr civic??

2dr/4dr/HB??

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
So as I was driving home from my friend's house, I get on the on-ramp and accelerate and a few seconds, I hear a loud *brawwwwwwwwww!* sound and I start to laugh because I had this problem before with my muffler rusting apart, then I hear a scraping noise, so I pull over to the shoulder, get out of my car and look under and there's my exhaust pipe hanging down.

I want to just buy a whole new exhaust system since I've wanted one for awhile now but I'm not sure what to get so what would you guys recommend? I'm kind of on a tight budget and I want to stay under $600 if possible.

Here's where it rusted off:
dnt worry ive dne it once with my mom when i was 10 once when i was 16 bymyslef and in my buddys car same year as mine driving to the gas station to get sodas. ha ha it sucks buy stainless

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
what is your setup? NA or boost?

and the apexi noir is really nice

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i have the WS2, i like it ALOT! have no experience with the noir, so i can't comment on it, however it does look really nice

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
lol, im so glad i dont know the names of diff "exhuast pipings" that shit is so ricer to me..lol. like seriously, does that name add power? fuck no. yall have to agreee, that iissss in the ricer type scene. 3inch exhuast piping with a non chrome muffler is all you need. or 2.5 if ya n/a and dotn want it loud. not being a dick, but I mean really?? $600 for exhuast for a japanese name on it? lol " this was found to ADD 30 more ft lbs torque because we welded a tag on it that said.. are you readdddyyy?? "Greddy" "Evo" lmao sorry. that shits rice as fuck to me. but do as you please it is your car after all.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i have the WS2, i like it ALOT! have no experience with the noir, so i can't comment on it, however it does look really nice
same exhaust, just black.

i love the sound of the apex-i. its a very nice exhaust. it doesnt free up uber power, but then again, its not designed to. it does free up some and sounds nice to boot.

sorry. that shits rice as fuck to me. but do as you please it is your car after all.
some times your on the money, other times your way off base. the greddy evo system design is well founded and frees up horse power. granted, its not an all out drag/race exhaust system... but its perfectly suited for a street/strip application. which is what its designed to do. your simply thinking of an all out system, which in some cases, its more rice then if they went with a street system. why? cause they dont have the mods to support the exhaust they have ;).

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
any $200 stainless ebay cat-back with a nice muffler of choice will be just as good as a $1000 catback. thats what i did, ebay catback and replaced the fartcan with a twinloop and i LOVE it

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
lol, im so glad i dont know the names of diff "exhuast pipings" that shit is so ricer to me..lol. like seriously, does that name add power? fuck no. yall have to agreee, that iissss in the ricer type scene. 3inch exhuast piping with a non chrome muffler is all you need. or 2.5 if ya n/a and dotn want it loud. not being a dick, but I mean really?? $600 for exhuast for a japanese name on it? lol " this was found to ADD 30 more ft lbs torque because we welded a tag on it that said.. are you readdddyyy?? "Greddy" "Evo" lmao sorry. that shits rice as fuck to me. but do as you please it is your car after all.
yeah, but anyone can bolt that apexi on with simple hand tools at their house/apt.

you pay extra for the convenience, and fitment, and IMO its worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts