Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wagon has been broken down for almost 18 months. In this time I have had a mostly built DOHC ZC. I just have had no desire to work on it. I know that I definitely got overwhelmed by the project. Getting all the parts, all the bits and pieces for a DOHC ZC together, having to put the short block together 3 times, having my Civic break down and not be able to drive it, having cash and time shortages here and there. Now all my parts are packed away, and I haven't thought about things too much and am kind of lost so getting started again is kind of daunting. Has anyone else been burned out by their project? What did you do to get things going again? I don't want to sell things off and start fresh (though that would be nice) because My RT4WD and my DOHC ZC are rare enough in their own ways and I know have some awesome potential when done right and I have already put that effort into getting them.

I'm just feeling down and out and trying to muster up the courage to tackle this and try to get my Wagon running or very close during my first significant break from school in a year. I really need my wagon running because if I get the internship I have applied for I can't drive the suburban out of state practically lol.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
not been burned out quite that much but have been sick of working on my projects.

what i like to do to get motivated to finish them is to look at others build threads and finished results of similar builds.

it gets me all excited to work on my work you know?

just keep focused on the end mang!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I got burn out really bad at one point with my crx after I blew up the lsvtec many many years ago. It sat for a few years, friends made fun of it, then one day a friend said there was no way I would ever get it on the road again, this was all I need to hear. I tore into it and completely rebuilt it in less them a month while working on it part time.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I could use some motivation myself, this winter bug really gets me. Fuck this cold sh*t!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I got burn out really bad at one point with my crx after I blew up the lsvtec many many years ago. It sat for a few years, friends made fun of it, then one day a friend said there was no way I would ever get it on the road again, this was all I need to hear. I tore into it and completely rebuilt it in less them a month while working on it part time.
Haven't had any motivation to work on my ED since the B20V died. I have driven it probably 4 times since early July.

Dunno if it will ever get put back together the way it was or not. Financially, I should sell it around tax return time. Dunno though.

OP, sorry this isn't much help. Good luck getting your motivation back.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
well, if the only way to move is against the grain, grind tough

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
same here.

the problem is, the civic is supposed to be my winter/snow car :ugh:
HAha. Can't complain I'm rollin' on a mini van. Like a boss! Until spring that is

·
Registered
96 ej8
651 Posts
Just think about the fine 5/10 and 6/10 pieces of ass you will pull automatically with the wagon fixed. With game u can even move up into 8/10 punani

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Sometimes you need to kick yourself in the ass and just go out there with a goal and do it. Tell yourself that today you're going to get xyz done and go out there and do it.

I went through a slump, I lost motivation for a long while. Everything costs money and priorities change over time. For me, all it took was getting back out there and realizing how much I liked wrenching and seeing the progress...to be able to look back at the end of the day and see physical signs of what I've accomplished.

If you no longer enjoy working on the car then maybe it's just not for you. Maybe you're one of those guys who likes driving but not working on the car...nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
I'm on the same boat man. I know how it feels, save for that build or save for a vacation with my girl, etc, etc.

I've put my turbo build off for almost 2 years now. The only things that help motivate me are my dreams, $, and writing shit down so i don't forget the next step and i wake up everyday seeing what i gotta do next to get it rolling.

goodluck

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Set short, small term tasks that you can accomplish and do them...you'll feel better about getting them done and then start making the tasks into mini-projects, then larger projects...

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Kirk

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you no longer enjoy working on the car then maybe it's just not for you. Maybe you're one of those guys who likes driving but not working on the car...nothing wrong with that.
Well I know I love driving, I also know I love improving things, but I hate fixing things.

I think just getting back on d-series will help as a start. Glad I'm not the only one feeling down!

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully, I will start little by little. You eat an elephant one bite at a time. I know as soon as I start driving it again I'll be all over it. Just gotta get it back on the road.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
My sedan has been sitting for over a year, partly due to no money, well all no money. I cant fix it because I feel like there is no reason since I cant afford to insure it. Been driving the mini van around and it pimp and all but I really miss my car.

Truth is I need to fix it so when I do get cash its ready for me, and not sitting waiting to be fixed. I have an RT AWD wagovan sitting at my moms too waiting for me to do something. I feel your pain.

Lets do this man, I am sick of looking at a partially put together sedan in my garage personally.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
We should start a friend thread where people near each other can help one another finish their builds... Then post about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts