Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic Si
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately i've thinking a lot my need of a better flowing turbo manifold over my current log style manifold design. Since there is no such thing as a tubular turbo manifold made for my car (Cavalier) i am forced to have one custom made. I don't have very much room to work with but i want something tubular with better flowing design than a log. I've been searching but didn't come up with many different designs. I know there are plenty of shorty style tubular manifolds made for Hondas and other cars, please post any pics you know of to give me design ideas.

Here are a couple very simple compact manifold designs that have caught my eye so far, please post pics of more!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There's always something like this:

or if you can't get something like that to fit:

and if all else fails:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wooow. Looks a lot like a SSAC mani but with SO much better quality! :TU: :TU: :TU:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I want something like that!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm i don't know much about welding but will get an inside shot when i get home.

The guys i got to do it had it sitting in there workshop and it was for a B16a so what they did was blank the stud holes and re-drilled the holes to line up with the D-series studs. They also had to bore out a couple of milimeters on one side of each runner to line up with my head. And well the braces, one reason is so that it's alot more rigid and the other reason is so he could charge me more(atleast that's what i think). It wasn't the cheapest manifold.

It is Powersteering compatible, not sure about AC. I wouldn't imagine so, when i went in a said don't worry about AC since i didn't have it anyway (allready pulled it out) so will be interesting to see. I'm actually still piecing the kit togeather so havn't had it running yet

·
Registered
91 Civic Si
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats a nice manifold but i'm looking for pics of smaller manifolds due to the amount of space i have to work with.

Here are a few more pics of manifolds i've found that i like the design of.

Here's another interesting manifold, looks like a basic log manifold with extended runners.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The first one is odd but interesting. The second one is like a log or a cast manifold... but when mounted on a B or D-series engine it looks like it would make the turbo be up high...

·
Registered
435 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.