Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So had a frustrating Thursday. Idler Tensioner Pulley seized, took out the timing belt, damaged the valves/rods etc.

Had some time constraints so i picked up another cheap ek hatch - intending on pulling out the engine and switching it over to the sedan.

Only hiccup is one is auto and one is manual. How hard should it be switching the engines. Manual > auto. I prefer the manual trans but right now i need to swap.

Any tips, steps i should consider. Hard to find info on a manual > auto conversion.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're JUST swapping the engine for the time being, that's no biggie. Auto to manual now, that's another story. It's easy enough, but tedious. I don't recommend it for the weekend warrior driveway mechanics. There are plenty online resources and writeups on this, Google is your friend!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
if youre just swapping engines, unbolt the trans pull engine and swap....its not that cerial

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
986 Posts
" Swapping EK D16Y4 manual engine to auto"

The way I read this is you are wanting to go from manual to auto is that correct?
This would be fun to drive with the clutch pedal in an auto.

Or just the engine from the manual to the auto?
If so just pull the engine out of each car and swap them around.
Its extremely simple to do and you have 2 chances to get it right since you have to cars.

It all will depend on your mechanical skill set.
Me and a friend have done a full swap motor and trans in 2 hours in the rain. But thats both of us knowing each others strong points and working off of them.

Alone I have swapped an engine in 4-1/2hours its tough if you aren't in the mind set to make it happen though.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
986 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts