·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Flux capacitor.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
I personally like the look of an din pocket with a lid. you could put gauges in the empty spot, or a cup holder, or a 1 din slide out dvd player

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
I had or might still have the jdm cupholder/coin holder for the eg

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I had the ford taurus coin/cup holder. No thanks i struggled with that damn thing. And anything in the cup holder would drip on my stereo below.

I was thinking about an equalizer or something useful like that. I have a surface pro and see no use for it in my car.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I have the Taurus cup holder and ditched it for 3 gauges. I also have a cup holder in the HOP arm rest so I just use that.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
What gauges are you eyeing up? I was trying to stay away from all different gauges, but I think the way I have them it's alright.

Boost and oil pressure on the steering column
Wb on the dash
Fuel, oil temp, water temp where the OEM radio goes

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,292 Posts
Black teenager was using one of these today. While I HATED his choice of music and the volume it was playing while on the bus (could hear over the podcast I was listening to with earbuds) I was impressed with the sound quality.

JAM Rewind? Wireless Pocket Speaker | Jam Audio

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a prosport oil pressure gauge I'll let go to you cheap. Needs a new sensor. Let me know.

Which one? I was looking at the premium series blue/white

Black teenager was using one of these today. While I HATED his choice of music and the volume it was playing while on the bus (could hear over the podcast I was listening to with earbuds) I was impressed with the sound quality.

JAM Rewind? Wireless Pocket Speaker | Jam Audio

So put a wireless speaker in? I have a full blown stereo just not it stock location. Besides i just got a braven brv-1 for my bday sunday :)

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
I was going to do this with my free space

http://www.logicsupply.com/core-5677/?gclid=CM2g2JqX48gCFUEvgQodL28FSw

Mini itx computer with screen that comes out of a box that goes where the stereo fits. You could plug the 1/4 inch adapter And plug directly into an amp for tunes. Use your phone as a wireless hot spot. Tune any time etc etc etc options are endless.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Make a CF block plate or get a cx plastic block plate & put some useless gauges in it. Having important gauges (afr, boost, oil pressure) so far from your field of vision is not only unhelpful but dangerous.

That ITX is a cool idea, especially since that model can run off a direct 12V source. I'd probably recommend a power conditioner or check to see if it can handle the full 10v-14.5v range that can be seen in a car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts