Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulling the iacv off, replacing the gasket, and would like to loop all the water hoses so its not a pain in the ass to put back in. im wantinf to cut the hoses. the short one totally off but leave the long one and use a t to form the loop.

need advice. going to autozone now for a vc gasket kit also. have an inch of oil in my tubes.

whats the i.d or o.d of the hoses?

need advice!!!!!!

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
and its not supposed to wobble ro anything?? this one wobbles and moves.

got a part number?
dont got a part number but
no it should be tight.
and there is a rubber gasket type tube in the valve cover that makes the pcv sit tight.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. new pcv is on, cleaned the iacv and reinstalled, cleaned what i could of the tb since it was still attached. idled like shit for a second due to the carb cleaner residue but it evened out good.

unplugged the neg batt cable, cleared computer, i think(certain time off?) let it idle till the fan kicked on. fan did not kick on, idle dropped to 300 and remains there.

i think, at least in part, the reason is all the crappy oil still on my plugs. I do NOY want to pull the plugs out and drop all that oil in the head. its nasty as hell and will certainly wreck havoc. WHats another way. i tried with rags but couldnt get alot out, plug the plug in and it just get soaked in oil.

i can not afford plugs and wires atm but it is on my list but what to do about the oil? i have a feeling new ones will help a bit.

power steering: I drove an 88 cougar with a 5.0, in the city and it didnt bother me. I'd like to totally remove it. Like, gone. No hoses, no nothing. My car makes a god aweful shake from that area so im just gonna kill that issue all together. It also leaks like a sive. its covered in fluid.

ac: I do not use ac. I do when the wife complains but she hasent for the past 3 years so i fell im ok. Plus she got my parents old suv and it has air. This one runs with the alt so id have to get a belt for a non ac accord. specifically an accord dx. correct?

Head swap: Would like to do a b1 vtec head. what is all required, as far as parts needed. Just the head and everything attached to it, including dizzy? wiring harness of some sort? Found this VTEC Headswap for F-series Motors but the pics are dead.

oh yea..wheel studs. Need 3. Bought 4 from autozone. found a shop to do it for 100$ since they get pressed or what not.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Oil on the plugs? I assume you mean that the plug wells have oil in them. This is from leaking gaskets in the valve cover. Order a valve cover gasket kit, and use a little Ultra Grey RTV on the gaskets for the spark plug wells.

I wouldn't worry about the oil getting into the chamber when you pull the plugs, but if it really bothers you try this. Use a shopvac with a piece of small vacuum line tapped the the end of the hose. This will let you suck the majority of the oil out.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oil on the plugs? I assume you mean that the plug wells have oil in them. This is from leaking gaskets in the valve cover. Order a valve cover gasket kit, and use a little Ultra Grey RTV on the gaskets for the spark plug wells.

I wouldn't worry about the oil getting into the chamber when you pull the plugs, but if it really bothers you try this. Use a shopvac with a piece of small vacuum line tapped the the end of the hose. This will let you suck the majority of the oil out.
i already ordered the kit. did it yesterday. new vc gasket, new iacv gasket, new upper plug seals and new lower plug seals.

i think ps is doing it. really want to know how to loop the lines.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try adjusting the idle screw yet?
i did. it was covered in paint. i adjusted it one way till it started to idle lower, then went all the way the other way till i couldnt anymore. nothing changed.

this shit sucks.

guess ill do the wheel studs next, then plugs and wires. if no change, ill do the fuel stuff in entirety. should be working next week so i can start dropping money in the car....and truck *facepalm*

what would make it idle super low and have the whole front of the car shake on the drivers side. it was hit up front(salvage title, new fenders and hood, asnd new drivers head light)

have taken the ps belt off. nothing changed. cleaned the tb good as hell.

damn damn damn

·
Registered
650 Posts
If it idles that poorly, and you've done all that to it...

First off, you shouldn't touch your idle adjuster until everything else is set properly.
1. Mechanical timing
2. Ignition timing. Make sure the ignition system is in good condition.
3. Make sure your IACV actually works. Just because you cleaned it doesn't mean it's working.
4. Make sure the fuel filter isn't clogged, and there aren't any fuel leaks. In this case, you may need to check the sock on the pump, too.
5. Make sure your injectors are actually working properly.
6. Once everything else is taken care of (and this is most definitely not a complete list by any means), then, and only then should you touch the idle adjustment screw.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it idles that poorly, and you've done all that to it...

First off, you shouldn't touch your idle adjuster until everything else is set properly.
1. Mechanical timing
2. Ignition timing. Make sure the ignition system is in good condition.
3. Make sure your IACV actually works. Just because you cleaned it doesn't mean it's working.
4. Make sure the fuel filter isn't clogged, and there aren't any fuel leaks. In this case, you may need to check the sock on the pump, too.
5. Make sure your injectors are actually working properly.
6. Once everything else is taken care of (and this is most definitely not a complete list by any means), then, and only then should you touch the idle adjustment screw.
1. Hope it is
2. hope so. then again. 266k miles
3.how?
4.is the filter under the hood? sock by the pump under te little latch deal?
5. im looking for new ones. at least get these cleaned and flow tested
6.i messed with the idle screw but its back to where it originally was. it still had the tb paint on it. had to scrap it off to get to the brass screw.

runs a little better now. just idles low as hell

·
Registered
650 Posts
Instead of “hoping" it's all good, check it. You won't know anything until you do.

And as far as the IACV, make sure the plunger moves freely inside, and then check for voltage. If that's all good, cover the hole while the engine's running.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Instead of “hoping" it's all good, check it. You won't know anything until you do.

And as far as the IACV, make sure the plunger moves freely inside, and then check for voltage. If that's all good, cover the hole while the engine's running.

idk how to check timing. I take it to a buddy of mine. i have fiddled with the dizzy idle on past cars but forgot all about it until i read your post. think it'll help?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts