Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking at the website for a while and what a great place
well...
i want to put aftermarket pistons on my d16y7 but i want to know if there are any that will bolt up fine with stock rods??

and what is it that i need to seach for??

i dont want to modify the block just change the pistons but not rods.

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just want to know if there is any way to run aftermarket rods and pistons with no honing or boring..... please assistance is needed

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
well if you are gonna put pistons in you should hone it, even a bead hone at least, they work great and all you need is a power drill to run one. boring isnt totally necessary, but you should check for out-of-round and taper with a dial-bore gauge and an micrometer. remember you will also need a new set of rod bearings and/or main bearings too.
-jack

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
what are your plans with this motor after rebuild?

i would highly recommend that you at least check all your cylnders for out of round and what not, if you cannot...then defiantly find a machinist that can other wise you will be tearing it apart again with bigger problems!

as far as pistons it depends what your going for!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my main question is if i can buy 75mm (stock size) aftermarket rods and pistons and have that done??

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
what are your plans for this build?
if you have cylinder problems you are going need the next size up 75.5mm (if you need pistons i have a set of wiseco 8.5:1) but you only need to notch the block if you put in aftermarket rods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts