Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's the problem i went out after work for a drive and my car starts to run like shyt im at a stop light and it turns green i go to give it gas and it stumbels then stalls out. i get it to start an dit stumbles thru the intersection. i get home and i rev it in nuetral and it stumbles below 1500rpm above that it runs fine but if the revs drop it stumbles like its runnin out of fuel... any ideas on what it could be... engine is a d15b2 dpfi short ram intake e-bay header and 2in exhaust from the cat back no other mods yet:)
rep for all responses:alky:

Reactions: snoopy006

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuel filter replaced 2 months ago.. but there is a slight fuel smell in the car as it idles and it idles fine

Reactions: goomer416

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
^^ what the hell did you spend $500 on replacing?

The only time a car has ran like shit besides boncing idle, was loose plugs/wires, retarded timing, and no compression (well a lot less then the others).

what have you done to the car recently? Put shitty gas in? Last time you had a tune up? Need more info, a random my car runs like shit is worthless.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tune up done 2 months ago with filter change nothng done to car recently

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i'll throw out 'vacuum leak'.... kinda doubtful, but take a look under the hood and make sure everyhting looks OK. Check the plug wires (my car runs great when a plug wire falls of the dizzy cap, lol), and pull the plugs.... good luck!

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went out and listened to it this morning and there is a loud hissing sound fron the engine near the firewall on the drivers side??? vacuum leak? any clue as too which hose?????

·
Registered
186 Posts
My car did this same thing, I had a big vaccum leak off a 1/4 inch rubber hose that went into a t-fitting. right on the left side of the intake. Check out all those hoses and make sure they have connections.

·
Registered
186 Posts
btw it was on the back side of the intake mani. like near the firewall.

·
Registered
1988 Civic DX
500 Posts
^^ what the hell did you spend $500 on replacing?

The only time a car has ran like shit besides boncing idle, was loose plugs/wires, retarded timing, and no compression (well a lot less then the others).

what have you done to the car recently? Put shitty gas in? Last time you had a tune up? Need more info, a random my car runs like shit is worthless.
A full tune up, injectors, and then them hookinh it up to the diagnostic machine... only one in town so then can charge w/e they want... then labour! thats 500$ cnd too

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok another cule to the mystery when the car is cold runs fine but if it idels for longer than 10 min it starts to bog down......update refilled tank today hasnt boged since bad batch of gas????? I knew $1.99 a gallon was to good to be true will keep you gus updated.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ok another cule to the mystery when the car is cold runs fine but if it idels for longer than 10 min it starts to bog down......update refilled tank today hasnt boged since bad batch of gas????? I knew $1.99 a gallon was to good to be true will keep you gus updated.
If it starts to idle poorly after engaging closed loop then maybe the primary oxygen sensor has gone bad.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when u say primary ???? i have only one oxygen sensor so could that be the problem is there a way to test for this cause those things can be pretty pricey.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wtf i cant edit my last post so i had to make a new one .... the car idles fine its when you gas or accelerate it bogs down hope this clears it up and thanks for the suggestions so far guys

·
Registered
129 Posts
if the new gas doesnt fix it, you might oil getting to your spark plugs.

your clues point to this problem. its easy to check, so let me know if this is the problem.

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok guys must have been a bad bach of gas cause after i ran it down to almost empty of the $1.99 crap i refilled at $2.29 a gallon and now it runs fine thanks for all of the help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts