Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16 bone stock blueprint racing wants me to pay 9k to have it built. I know I can do it for cheapper but im used to bseries. I have full-race turbo sponsorship so they are taking care of the turbo part. I need a motor setup with sleeves that can handle high 9s low tens and last also engine management. Any thing helps. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
... get another sponsor to handle your rebuild bill. Or a small loan

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ur going to love my help

search.

thats how i would find reputable shops to sleeve the block.

9k is pretty expensive to build a motor. i cant really see what they would do with 9,000$ except pocket about $7000 of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were building from the valve cover to the oil pan and dyno tune it but seaching doesnt help lol ive done that for days. Ive have a bseries but the sponsor wants d to have somthing different and si do I but it not like it was before when parts were everywhere for the d now I can't find shit and what I find ive never heard of so idk if its quality or not . So that's what I need. Just because im new on here doesnt mean idk anything or how to search. Googles my friend but with d series it doesnt seem to be so I could use some help, links to good sites what you're runing things like that and part of that cost was shipping from hawaii getting it done and shipped back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some good stuff at least I think from realstreetperformance. Heres the list.
Darton wet sleeves
Supertech valve springs and retainers
Skunk2 proseries manifold
Skunk2 proseries throttle body
Skunk2 proseries valves arp head studs
Acl bearing kit
Wiseco 8.5to1 pistons eagle rod combo
Just under 3k shipped here to hawaii.
Still need a cam but that's all I need I think also aem standalone and jumper harness
Im trying to go top of the line built to last because ive done the cheap oh thatll work route before and it didnt last to long this car is not a daily driver its a track car that gets driven there an a back and to event so I just want to to last and possibly smoke the doors off everyone on friday nights. If anything doesnt look up to par or I should add anything lmk thanks'

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
contact go-autoworks and give greg some business...

exospeed can sleeve a block for you for a good price as well

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
That stand-alone ecu is going to cost way more than it needs to. Chip an obd1 ecu, and tune away. Google gives all answers. If you can't find anything, than your googling wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured it was the best that or neptune to set multiple maps but your right I guess its cheaper that way

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
I figured it was the best that or neptune to set multiple maps but your right I guess its cheaper that way
Getting a neptune, or s300 will be waayyyy better than chipping. Don't even think about cheaping out on your management system. Especially if you're looking to spend that much coin on a build.

If you made a company and you wanted to be the industry leader in widget exportation would you want to pay your employees good money for having college degrees and field experience, or would you rather pay high school graduates minimum wage to save money? Its the same thing. You have a good business you need good managers, you have a powerful engine you need a good management system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn homie that's deep shit right there.i think the aem is the way for me laskey is pretty cheap but,u can do it my self for less and know its done right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got an email back from real street performance they can do everything including the aem series 2 for 3800 just need a cam fuel rail and injectors. What size would I need?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah well over that if possible. The issue is going to be traction. Adustable coil overs traction bars bracing things like that but idk if it can handle that much power. And by the way with my sponsors I only have to pay around 6k for everything and that includes shipping my car to big island to have it dyno tuned because we dont have a dyno here. But I think thats a steal of a deal for everything being done to it. Plus its single cam idk what the record is but theres a posibility I can beat it at least for street legal single cam

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Yeah well over that if possible. The issue is going to be traction. Adustable coil overs traction bars bracing things like that but idk if it can handle that much power. And by the way with my sponsors I only have to pay around 6k for everything and that includes shipping my car to big island to have it dyno tuned because we dont have a dyno here. But I think thats a steal of a deal for everything being done to it. Plus its single cam idk what the record is but theres a posibility I can beat it at least for street legal single cam
Traction is an issue for everyone FWD. Join the club.

Still shouldn't cost you 6k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go look at full race .com and see what setup cost with a gt40r turbo then think im doing my whole car from the ground up for 6k. Then retract pervious statement and relize my car is bad ass for 6k

1 - 20 of 28 Posts