Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Nothin but honda
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a d15b7 and my car over-heated and the hose that runs from the bottom of the head to the heater(the heater hose) busted open...when i was looking at it i noticed that the coolant had oil in it and don't know what the hell is going on...ive tried searching but couldn't find anything if anybody knows whats the cause of this is please help out..thanks...

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Drain the coolant from the radiator and see if it has oil in it.

Drain the oil from the oil pan and see if it has coolant in it.

If it does you most likely have a blown HG. Or worse.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Drain the coolant from the radiator and see if it has oil in it.

Drain the oil from the oil pan and see if it has coolant in it.

If it does you most likely have a blown HG. Or worse.
x2

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like A head gasket dude!!! Sounds like it blew out around the cylinder and on compression stroke blew air through the coolant passages and built up enough pressure to bust that hose.

·
Registered
Nothin but honda
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you torqued the head back down with a torque wrench right? after you replaced the head gasket? and you sure you put the head gasket on right

yeah i used a torque wrench and im sure i put it on right ive done head swaps before but this is the only one that's giving me problems....should i get the compression checked on it or how else should i check to see if the head gasket is blown...

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
drain the coolant

since that hose is torn, cut it, and put your hand over the end and ahve a car start the car.

if yuo feel pressure, break out the wallet for new head gasket adn head bolts, and get cracking.

did you get the head surfaced? kinda important there bucko lol

·
Registered
Nothin but honda
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ive never done a leak down test but ill figure it out and also i drained the coolant and oil like someone above mentioned and there was no water in the oil and no oil in the coolant now and unfortunately i didn't get the head resurfaced cause i didn't have the money to do it.

·
Registered
06 VW Passat 3.6 awd
74 Posts
I'm thinking your head is warped, pull it back off, your going to need to anyway. And use a straight edge to check it to make sure its flat and straight.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
yeah sometimes you arent required to shave the head. honestly...after pulling the motor in my sol twice in a day *long bs story*...its not too hard to pull the head...id pull it just to see. if you reused your headstuds and didnt clean/check them...id say thats the cause. BUT if you dont have water in your oil and vise versa...id say you might have imagined it lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts