Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just got this turbo'd car.... and it spools around 2500 and hittin full boost around 3500RPM (16PSI stock) and then around 4500rpm the boost drops and the car seems to "bog" down. can anyone help me? this is my first turbo'd car. and figured even though its not a honda, all turbo'd cars are kinda the same... KINDA. so can you help me?

PS. its a 84 svo. (i know its a honda forum.. dnt bark.) everyotha mustang forum sucks donkey balls:3dtard:

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Check your sparck plugs and wires. <I dunno shit about mustangs, is it fuel injected?. My Talon did the same shit the first day I got it, swapped the plugs and wire and the shit started right up. lol

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
bones is gonna have a boner for your car...

is the car breaking up and missing, or just falling out of boost

·
Registered
2001 s2000
114 Posts
My brothers stock TDI golf and my buddys stock turbo'd jetta do the same exact thing and they dont have any problems. Figure its probably only on like 6-7lbs of boost with a tiny little turbo, comes on hard and quik, but then goes soft, kinda like a boner after sex lol

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
bones is gonna have a boner for your car...

is the car breaking up and missing, or just falling out of boost
x2

My buddies Galant was breaking up around 4500-4800 because of a slight leak in the mbc he was using. So maybe you have a small leak or something somewhere.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
16 psi on a lil ihi turbo on a 2.3 and you wonder why it falls after about 5k. they made peak hp at 4500 and peak tq. around 1k earlier.

i would try to check the general maint. plugs,wires. see if its falling out of boost that its truely breaking up or missing.
but im leaning to the turbo is just maxing out

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
I could see it growing weak in the higher RPM range if it were a small turbo,
but "bogging down" makes me think there's a leak or another problem.

I love that people bring their problems here no matter what kind of car it is
and not get attacked for it. Just shows what kind of people are on this forum.

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
x2

My buddies Galant was breaking up around 4500-4800 because of a slight leak in the mbc he was using. So maybe you have a small leak or something somewhere.
yea im guna cap the tb when running to see if i hear a leak somewhere

I could see it growing weak in the higher RPM range if it were a small turbo,
but "bogging down" makes me think there's a leak or another problem.

I love that people bring their problems here no matter what kind of car it is
and not get attacked for it. Just shows what kind of people are on this forum.
like real talk i dont know what you meant by sayin that but i DID have a hatch. and just recently traded it for this svo. soo by sayin PEOPLE WTF do you mean? And this forum by far is better than most out there. so you should just keep coments like that to yourself.

16 psi on a lil ihi turbo on a 2.3 and you wonder why it falls after about 5k. they made peak hp at 4500 and peak tq. around 1k earlier.

i would try to check the general maint. plugs,wires. see if its falling out of boost that its truely breaking up or missing.
but im leaning to the turbo is just maxing out
its a air research t3 turbo. A/R of .63. these turbo's (from what ive been searching) hold and can stay pushin full boost (23psi safely). Idk if it's true. but my turbo is just rebuilt. and i just replaced plugs and gaped to .032".

** so i think i have an idea.. let me know what you think...

--The alternator-
the lights doo kida dim under a electric load. Will test tomarow..
OR
--The fuel filter/pump/or pressure regulator
when under WOT i use the pressure and it "lags" due to one of the above untill it can increase again??

***and update. did it again while gettin on the freeway. and took a closer look to the gauge and noticed that boost goes from 18lbs to 9lbs and back up to 16, then i let off. will take a vid ina bout a hour so you can see.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
for some reason i was sure i read they were ihi. but then reading again or more, it seems they are .63a/r.i stand corrected.

wastegate problem? they surge or bog you feel could be the fluctation in boost, and it trying to compensate for the a/f ratio correction?

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is there a manual boost controoler and is it hooked up backwards?

i can give my friend a call he is a 2.3 turbo guy.. he has a sweet merkur
no not yet at least. haha

Problem fixed. haha (i think)

The alternator. we just tested it..... My poor baby. haha its a stock 60A and with the load test. 39A was the most i got. so im guessing with low current it could cause all my electrical components (i.e. fuel pump, ignition being the main focus here) to "weeken" so now the alt. :pinch: and now to debate if i should go and pay big $$ for a higher output alt. or $45 at the "zone" for another 60A....

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
i should go and pay big $$ for a higher output alt. or $45 at the "zone" for another 60A....
$45.00 :willy_nilly: thats cheap do it!!plus it probably has the duralast guarantee!!!

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
like real talk i dont know what you meant by sayin that but i DID have a hatch. and just recently traded it for this svo. soo by sayin PEOPLE WTF do you mean? And this forum by far is better than most out there. so you should just keep coments like that to yourself.
No what he was saying is that a lot of us bring issues with other non-honda cars on here and we don't flame you for it. Have a tampon for your mangina on that one ;-)

For your alternator, I'd hit up the $45 special. Unless you're adding a big sound system or something that's going to draw a bunch of amps, upgrading most likely won't be needed.

You can rent/buy a vac tester from Advance or Autozone fairly cheap to check for vac/boost leaks. Might be a route to take in your diagonstic process

·
Registered
1994 Civic Hatch cx
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No what he was saying is that a lot of us bring issues with other non-honda cars on here and we don't flame you for it. Have a tampon for your mangina on that one ;-)

For your alternator, I'd hit up the $45 special. Unless you're adding a big sound system or something that's going to draw a bunch of amps, upgrading most likely won't be needed.

You can rent/buy a vac tester from Advance or Autozone fairly cheap to check for vac/boost leaks. Might be a route to take in your diagonstic process
:dots: it just sounded like im bringin my mustang all up in here and shit.. watever its good tho.

$45.00 :willy_nilly: thats cheap do it!!plus it probably has the duralast guarantee!!!
3yr guarantee. and yea i think ima just go with that. no big draw of current so yea thats true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts