Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo i got the ZC1 in my 4gen civic.....now the zc1 is vac. adv. timing. Now here the prob....i have the wires of a D16A6 (Si right?)...whats the best way to go...stay vac. or go electrical timing?....i have all the vac. parts for the engine........what would i need for the electical timing ?

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
I would imagine an ECU and dizzy from a elec. adv. zc1, and the patience to wire it up... I would personally just stay vac. unless you REALLY want elec.... But it isn't that much better...

·
Registered
371 Posts
stay vac unless you wanting to really tune it or boost. I prefer electronic advance timing. Just grab the whole harness from ecu to motor off a 88-89 integra.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK to find a 89 integra is realy hard were i live....there are i think about 20 of them .....the older ones well havent seen any in the junkyards.

Im gone boost it next winter but at the moment i just want to get it running.....soo vac is the best at the moment.
If i was to order the ecu and dizzy and go over from vac to elect. i would save some hard work if i was to boost it lates.....elect. would need less rewireing right?

The connectors fit fine on the D16A6 inner wires and ZC1 engine wires....so if i was to rewire the elect. D16A6 inner wires to vac will i have to use the older year ecu connector or could i use the ones that it has?

The rewireing would not be a prob for me ....i have build the 91 accord dashboard in to my civic with all the electics of the accord :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts