Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im just wondering what i have to do to run my Z6 motor with my D16A6 ecu(sorry i forget what it is), i was told that i just have to switch the fuel injectors and the dizzy, and then i should be able to run the Z6 with no problem till i get the P28 and conversion harness, plz help me out here, im starting tomorow, THanks

Joel

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
if you are running the pm6 (d16a6 ecu) then run the a6 dizzy and injectors as well

the z6 should "run" with the a6 ecu, but to get it to run right you need something to activate vtec and some time of engine management for fuel/ignition tuning

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SilentWrath* said:
if you are running the pm6 (d16a6 ecu) then run the a6 dizzy and injectors as well

the z6 should "run" with the a6 ecu, but to get it to run right you need something to activate vtec and some time of engine management for fuel/ignition tuning
Thanks silent, so all i have to do is sitch the injectors and the dizzy from my A6 onto the Z6 and plug everything in and it should run with no problems, i dont plan on hookin up the vtec right now, ill have the P28 and the conversion harness very soon, but my A6 took a dive to death so i have to put the Z6 in now, if u can help any more it would really help me out.
thanks

Joel

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
you gonna have to modify the a6 dizzy mounting holes to bolt up, and only 2 bolts will line up...kinda ghetto but it works

if you already have the motor, go hold up the dizzy to the head and you will see what i mean

also you can use either z6 or a6 injectors, but if you use the z6 you will have to remove your injector resistor box, and if you use the a6 injectors you will keep the resistor box

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive donet his man, u need to use your obd0 (a6) injectors , distributer adn injector plugs, just notch the top bolt on the dizzy to fit, mine didnt even leak oil, and make sure u have the injectors ran to the resistor box, if u need any help pm me ive been through all this in the last month, so ill be happy to help, i just got finished putting a z6 in my 91 hatch dx (mpfi conversion and all)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and i learned its not a good idea to use your z6 inj.

for best results use injectors and dizzy that go with hte ecu!!!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
jarvis606 said:
and i learned its not a good idea to use your z6 inj.

for best results use injectors and dizzy that go with hte ecu!!!
who told you that??
im running saturated injectors of an obd1 jdm d15b vtec on my 88 pm6 ecu...no probs whatsoever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts