Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here the deal... I just installed my turbo setup... went and got it tuned.... Thing was running GREAT!!!! But my guy tikd me that i needed ta get rid of the CAT.... Said it was building up to much pressure... I figured why the hell not! So I gutted my cat,

Since i was doing that i decided to replace why clutch with a streetlight... Seemed like a good idea... well once i got it all back together, i was expection some good results... I took a quick trip down the road... and about 2 minutes in my baby started sputtering and acting stupid.... When i let off the clutch my car completely dies.. I can pop the clutch and get it started again with no problem... but no matter what when i left off the gas or stop She dies!!!!!

Well i limped her home and the CEL came on... I pulled the codes and this is what im getting

P0300 Random misfires
P0301 Misfire cylind 1
P0302 Misfire cyind 2

I dont know what the hell couldve caused this... She was running AWESOME.... I did dissconnect the battery, I dont know if maybe my Emanage Blue tune got lost.... hell i dont know... ANY help will be greatly appreciated!!

DJ

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I REALLY need some hel here guys.. i have a huge interview on monday and i NEED the car ta be running!!! But ive been troubleshooting her all day... This is what i came up with!!

Spark plugs are good
Coils are good
Injectors are ticking (Dont know if ur spitting fuel)
Compression is great
Emanage isnt the culprit.
All connections are good,
If u pull the CKP The car die
If you leave a vaccum line open, it will Idle VERY low but wont die until you touch the gas

So thats where im at... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some body?!?!? Anybody?!?!? Heres the newest update..... I just replaced the MAP sensor... Still the same problem.... So heres what i know...

Plugs good
Coils Good,
Injectors good
Wiring good
Grounds good
Cleaned TB
Cleaned IACV
Couldnt locate any vacuum leaks,
WIth a vacuum line disconnected, it will idle.. Like shit... But will None the less...
Like i said before... if u unplug the CKP Engine dies..

Info PLEASE?!?!?!?

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Individual coil packs... Not cap rotor or wires.... But i did take the coils, plugs, and injectors and rearrange them into diffrent cylinders.... Still same codes!!!!

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup.. cleared codes, reset ECU, disconnected battery... Bought new map Sensor... Cleaned grounds... cleaned terminals.... Im at a complete lose right now!!

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car is a 2001 civic hx.... Emanage isnt the problem... ran off stock ECU... And had same problem.... Mechanical Timing is dead on!

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Do you have a wideband to check afr's? Sounds like an injector or ignition issue. Did you have to unplug anything when replacing the clutch. Thermostat ground? Go over all connections. Seems like something wasn't put back right. The fact that it is multiple cylinder misfires leads me to believe it's ignition. Maybe it's because your using a streetlight for a clutch?lol J/K

I'm not real familiar with the newer hondas, but do they use a WB O2 pre and after the cat? I wonder if gutting the cat is causing an issue. Just throwing an idea out there.

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont have a wideband.... But i took the injectors out and switched them around... but the codes were the same.... So im guessing the Injectors are good

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL... I thought the flywheel was the problem too... So i replaced the flywheel back to stock... But like i said... its only on the number 1 and 2 cylinders. Also thought it might be the cat... so i replaced that too... still had the same problem!!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL.... Well ur no help!!!! J/K If i figure this thing out, ill post up.... hopefully it'll help someone on here

·
Registered
Drive the Civic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aight guys check this shit out!!!! Got back from my boys shop... Still no closer to figuring this shit out!! Sooooo i figured.... I got an EGR code... ONCE.... Cleared it and it never came back no matter how hard i drove it.... So i figured it was a glitch....

Anyways... I decided to clean it and the passages anyways.... So I pulled the son of a bitch off and started lookin at it.... Hmmmm This lil nipple shouldnt be sticking out (I said to myself) So i pushed it in.... POP.... Hmmmm Went in like it was supposed ta be there... so i pulled up on it... let go and POP... Right back in place.... "You gotta be fucking kiddin me!!!!" A couple cans of carb cleaner later... Ports cleaned.. Hell it cant hurt it right???

Put it all back together... "Here goes nothing!!!" Fired it up.. VROOOM VROOOM YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA She idled high as fuck... but she wasnt cutting off!!! (I chock that up to the remaining carb cleaning in the ports...) Sure enough... took it for a spin... VROOM VROOM.... Ran Better then EVER!!!! Checking the codes on my trip.... NO CODES!!!

Sooooo In closing... That fucking EGR valve got stuck at the worse time EVER... Coinicidence that i happened to change the Clutch and Gut the Cat.... Aint that a bitch!!! But Either way... shes running AWESOME... I will keep posting in here for Updates on how shes running!!

I appreciate all the help and support... U guys are the best!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts