Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i got a d15b SOHC VTEC with auto transmission .

im planning on swapping a 5 speed what transmission can i use and what do i need .

I'm planning on buying the stuff on Sunday my day off so the sooner help i get is highly appreciated .

thanks guys .

·
Registered
99 integra ls-DD
384 Posts
need more info like what car are your puting it in? and is car auto or 5 spd already? if car is 5 spd already, u just need any hydro d series tranny or cable tranny for your car, 88-91 is cable, and 92-00 is hydro. but i would get ex/si tranny, they are just 'funner' to drive around in.
i think you can run p28, but might not run right with 3 stage v-tec d15b has. just chip it with d15b map it should be fine. also grab a 5spd iacv if u dont wanna trouble with wiring. and some little things.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1994 honda civic ex coupe
Auto (as of right now) want to convert to 5 speed

i'm getting the original transmission thats a 5 speed that came in the 92-95
for the ecu i do not want to chip it i want to plug and play with out no major mods .

so what ecu will do that ?

idle air control valve needs to be replaced ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be easier if you had a 5spd parts car. You could pull everything that you would need off of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google can be your friend learn her wine her abuse her repeatedly man

Automatic to Manual Transmission Conversion - HondaCivicForum.com
I thought thats what specific forum threads are for ? i mean why have a forum ? i clearly read the rules and put my question in the correct section to ask it in . Thats what it said right ?

so thank you for taking your time a googling it for me :bigok: :gayfight2:
save me time lol .

thanks to everyone that posted really appreciated but this forum didn't help me one bit .

peace .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts