Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where this plug goes... there was wires cut up by the firewall. i know it has to be part of the main harness. i want to just hardwire it where it needs to go with solder and heat shrink. its a 9 pin connector and has the wires from the door jamb switches. I want to get it figured out so that my dome light comes on when i open the door. also the is a 94 civic ex it had pwr windows and locks but somebody cut the wiring for that before i got the . it now has manual locks and windows. IMG_20130803_203331.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dome light works when switched to on... the plugs wires are coming from the door switch and the e brake switch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it might be a plug for the door harness but im not sure? I looked in the repair manual and I didn't see one connector on there with 9 pins in the interior harness schematic. somebody help me out

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are you saying its a 9 pin plug cause there's 9 wires in it ?

To me it looks like a 20-22 pin plug. What color are the wires? I'm pretty sure that plug is for the rear wiring for fuel pump,tail/brake lights and a few other things.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Are you saying its a 9 pin plug cause there's 9 wires in it ?

To me it looks like a 20-22 pin plug. What color are the wires? I'm pretty sure that plug is for the rear wiring for fuel pump,tail/brake lights and a few other things.
Do those things work?? OP?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuel pump works, brake lights and reverse lights all work. the car runs great. i just hate that i cant see at night when i open my door and also the fact that the beeper doesnt beep at all and i kind of want that because sometimes i do leave the keys in the ign... theres a thick blue and green wire that comes from the door jamb switch but stops at that plug

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Can you post a better(clear) pic of that plug?

·
Registered
265 Posts
That circuit gets power from a 7.5A fuse (#3) in underdash fuse panel through a red/white wire to your interior lamp. From there if you use the ON position, it grounds to the roof. If you use door, then it is grounded from you door switches through a main bus connector (connector C417 in the left kick panel) GREEN/BLUE is driver's door for instance. SO.....when you open the door, the switch closes and creates a closed circuit to turn the light on. Start with what I have said previously and go from there. The door assembly should have nothing to do with that lighting. I've subscribed to this so NOTIFICATIONS will pop up if you need anything else.
\
CHEERS, GOOD HUNTING. Please let me know if you solve it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so C417 is a junction connector? where does it connect to? ill go take a better pic in a min

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chances are your door switches are not hooked up. I know it's a EX, but 4dr or coupe. I'm in canada, sometimes they are different.

So you say the light comes on with on switch. You have power to the switch, if your door switches are not functioning properly could be the issue. You need to test your lamp assy first to make sure it's not that. Take it down and place switch to door selection. Then take a wire from a KNOWN GOOD ground and jump it to the light green/red wire....does the light come on? This will tell you if your lamp assy is good.

That LTGRN/Red wire is the one that creates the ground for your door switches going through the bus I mentioned before. Look around for it. It will contain these wires if it's a 4dr

LTGN/Red Should have 5 of them at least if it''s a 4dr

that's it for me tonight, Good luck. BTW..hope you have a multimeter, best thing to have for ever.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
checked the fuse and it was blown. put a new one in and the light came on with the switch to the on position. i jumped the ltgrn/red wire to a ground and nothing. i need some help. at this point i just want the light to come on with the driver side door. i dont even want to have a working beeper either. im planning on looking for an eg 4 door shell to swap my engine and exhaust into because i found a nice hole in the floor pan behind the driver seat.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
It goes from under the drivers side dash, up into the engine bay just below the booster I believe.

recognize that from the wire tuck I did.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Trace the wire from your light to the door switch wiring and figure it out. Butchering something (field fix) is only meant to get you home.

Take the time to diagnose it, it will help you in the future in understanding how things work.

so...do you have an ohmmeter? If your fuse blew, that's a short to ground issue, which would be the power wire to the lamp assy that's the issue most likely. If you had a grounding issue, unless it was drawing a crazy amount of amperage it should never blow a fuse, it would cause a dim light.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts