Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need to find out where these few hoses hook up to. The engine your looking at is a D16y8 so if anyone could look on there cars for me to locate where these hoses hook to i would appreciate it.

I need to find these connections (red arrows pointing to them)

And heres that same picture at a different angle..

This is a fuel line arrowed in blue.. i need to know where that is connected to

The same picture at another angle..

All help is needed!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
Ok i need to find out where these few hoses hook up to. The engine your looking at is a D16y8 so if anyone could look on there cars for me to locate where these hoses hook to i would appreciate it.

I need to find these connections (red arrows pointing to them)
1.) OK, the red arrow pointing straight up at about 11 0'clock goes to your PCV valve. The hose runs from the IM then takes a right angle straight down though the hole in your IM near the injectors then takes a turn above the oil filter into the PCV valve that's in your breather chamber attached to the block.

2.) Next going clockwise, the nipple pointing straight up is your air injection. Not sure but I have a photo somewhere if someone else doesn't post up the answer before I get to it.

3.) Clockwise, at 5 o'clock is your fuel return. Normally there would be a small pipe that runs along the fuel rail that you would attach a short piece of hose to. Yours is missing but you really don't need it. At the other end of the pipe you would attach your fuel return hose. It's the hose that you have a bunch of blue arrows pointing to. You need to run that to the front of the IM as I described.

4.) Clockwise at 6 o'clock, that's your EVAP solenoid with the black nipple facing you. Run a fuel grade vacuum hose from that to the charcoal cannister mounted on the firewall below your battery.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts

Here's a photo I used in another post.

#2 is the PCV vacuum hose (black hose)

You can see a light blue hose (clamped) running out of the fuel pressure regulator then under the EVAP solenoid and into a gold colored pipe. The other end of the pipe has another section of light blue hose clamped on it heading towards #5. That is your fuel return hose that you have the blue arrows pointing to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts