Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out this problem with my 93 si hatch. I've owned the car for 2 years and the problem just started 5 or 6 months ago. Below 50% throttle the engine intermittently bogs down and bucks as if it's loosing fuel, but if I bring it past 50% or mash it, it clears up and runs fine every time. I think I can rule out the fuel pump because the problem goes away with more fuel demand. The engine is the stock D16z6 with no modifications. However, this car was once supercharged by a previous owner and I'm not sure if the computer has been modified. I've replaced the O2, TPS and MAP sensors, fuel pressure regulator, main relay, distributor, wires and plugs. The temp sensor seems to test OK and the problem happens while the engine is hot or cold. I've checked for vacuum leaks and I cleaned the ECU grounds. I pulled the cover off the ECU (P28 ) and the circuit board looks untouched, but could the ECU be reprogramed without it being visible?
This problem is driving me crazy! Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts