Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove my gearbox and I cant seem to get that clip out of the shift rod to seperate it from the gearbox. I looked in my shop manual and everything and it doesnt seem to say how to remove it. Please help. Thats the only thing that is holding me back from removing it.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
The good ol bitch pin? I use an air hammer with a dowel pin remover :) 3 rat a tats and shes outta there. Using a hammer sucks :( Sometimes it can be a major PITA just keep at it! Sooner or later it will pop out.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of dowel pin remover did you use? i have been working on that thing for about 40 mins. also, does it really matter what side you hit it out from? I looked at both sides and they look the same.

B

·
0 Posts
There is an air hammer atatchment called a dowel pin remover. I think they also make a hand punch that will push it through.

As far as which side to hit it from, I will send you a dollar if you can get it from the top. If you are dropping your whole trans you can also elect to disconnect the shifter end and drop the trans with the whole arm still attatched. This method may be a bit awkward, but if the bitch pin bitch slaps you it remains an alternative.

Have fun either way, I did my clutch in my garage two weeks ago on my back using jackstands.... ahh good times.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
easy,easy with the right tools:beer:

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok great, thanks for all of the help. i did replace my clutch like a year or so ago and i did the same thing with using jackstands and and stuff. i just didnt remember how i got that stupid pin out. but today will be round two. i am going to have to make sure to get one of those pin punch sets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts