Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting everything on my new d16 motor and im trying to figure out what to do with the oil sending line.. on my old block the line was bolted in where the sensor should be and beside it theres another senser (i found pictures on the net saying thats where a coolant plug should be?) im wondering if the guy that i got the car from just removed the oil pressure sensor completely? i know people run a line off and put a tee with the senser and then another line going to the turbo but im hoping i can do it the way he had it set up because im short on cash at the moment.
this is the old block

and heres the new one

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
wow your confused bro

in the 2nd pic, the sender you see there is the stock oil pressure sender. for a dummy light to tell you when u have basically no pressure.

un screw that, and screw in your feed line line you did above, but this time thread it in straight.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im trying to figure all of this out.. first time dealing with all that turbo stuff so im just going crazy haha.

so i just unbolt the stock sensor, and put my oil sending line in..sounds easy enough. but what about the other sensor from my old block?.. my new one doesnt have one so i dont need it?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the other sensor you see is the thermo switch or some bs. its for the coolant system. your going to need to wire it up with the switch on the t-stat housing. iirc.

swap in a "tee" where the old oil sensor was so you can install both the sensor and the feed line. personally, i remote mount the sensor as it makes for less BS hanging off the side of the engine right where you change your oil. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts