Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 chevy k1500
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to the honda world and i bought a 91 ef HB shell for $350. I hav bought a d15b1 and 4speed tranny. and i was wondering wat i would hav to do if i was to put a b7 head on my b1 block. Would there b any gain from it? What ecu would i need? They cut the wiring harness that was in it, so wat kind of wiring harness would i need? Like i said im new to hondas and need help.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
Since the wiring harness is cut, I would put multipoint fuel injection in it and and use a pm6 ecu. Find a harness at the junk yard and use that or fix the harness yourself.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Sell the car now!

I'm being 100% serious, if you have to ask all these questions and are this vague as to where to start, you need to start somewhere else! This car's likely going to need ton's of sub-systems, definitely wiring harness, and who knows what else; that coupled with the absolute beginner post that you've made, I can only assume one thing. You have not one flippin clue as to what you're doing! Hence why I'm telling you to sell the car. Heck take it to a scrap yard they may give you decent money for it. Buy something that already runs and start searching on how to modify it, if you want to get into Honda's.

The tradition response is for you to come back with how much "your boi" know's about Honda's, to which I respond, why haven't you asked him these questions yet?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
i am new to the Honda world and i bought a 91 ef HB shell for $350. I have bought a d15b1 and 4speed tranny. and i was wondering what i would have to do if i was to put a b7 head on my b1 block. Would there be any gain from it? What ecu would i need? They cut the wiring harness that was in it, so what kind of wiring harness would i need? Like i said I'm new to Hondas and need help.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Ok, now..... as was said, there is TONS of info about your chassis, the motor in it, and what you want to do with it. You need to decide what your ULTIMATE goal is, and start researching that. Once you have completed that, reformulate your question and you will get productive answers. We here at the D do not like to spoon feed anyone, sorry were slightly abrasive, welcome to the D. The advanced search feature will be your savior, GL OP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts