Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to boost my d16y8 with a greddy tdo4 turbo with 310 rc injecters i have already changed from obd2 to obd1 i am thinking about going to 6 or 7 psi i am just wondering if its gonna hurt my motor its all stock any info let me know thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
im about to boost my d16y8 with a greddy tdo4 turbo with 310 rc injecters i have already changed from obd2 to obd1 i am thinking about going to 6 or 7 psi i am just wondering if its gonna hurt my motor its all stock any info let me know thanks
with proper tuning hell no with getto tuning hell yes

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,564 Posts
your help need no help but you could use a period or comma once in a while along with some CAPITAL letters to make it easy to read or you can just run your d16y8 untuned and ruin it while not giving any info on the setup nor wtf you wanna do with it and then the word might end in 2012 after the new health bill kicks in and no one can afford to pay due to higher energy cost due to fake global warming and my balls are itching because i can't reach them right now just like i can find the comma or period button my my keyboard will you scratch my balls for me thanks much love no **** your momma is a whore

·
Registered
1998 Civic Hatchback
65 Posts
your help need no help but you could use a period or comma once in a while along with some CAPITAL letters to make it easy to read or you can just run your d16y8 untuned and ruin it while not giving any info on the setup nor wtf you wanna do with it and then the word might end in 2012 after the new health bill kicks in and no one can afford to pay due to higher energy cost due to fake global warming and my balls are itching because i can't reach them right now just like i can find the comma or period button my my keyboard will you scratch my balls for me thanks much love no **** your momma is a whore
hahaha

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
stock motors with the greddy kit hold at least 20psi with no tune!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,564 Posts
navy beans = 42 psi and a wicked blow off sound!!!!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
QFT!
but srsly, 6-7 psi on a stock motor is no big deal
is this with or without a tune? hmmmm.
i just think op needs a link to the search button

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
ALWAYS TUNE!10 psi on a stock motor is pretty much where I would draw the line. But 6-7 psi is a nice reliable number to run and will still yield noticeable gains. I made 177 on 6 pounds for what it's worth, and I can and have beat on it with no issues and no worries. I spent $$ to get it tuned though and I suggest the same.
-Mike

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
ALWAYS TUNE!10 psi on a stock motor is pretty much where I would draw the line. But 6-7 psi is a nice reliable number to run and will still yield noticeable gains. I made 177 on 6 pounds for what it's worth, and I can and have beat on it with no issues and no worries. I spent $$ to get it tuned though and I suggest the same.
-Mike
got to remember psi means nothing!.
must be nice to have a good tuner haha. my 15g setup only made 176whp at 10psi....
and il 2nd the suggestion to get a REAL tune. not just a basemap for FMU.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
im running a .50 ar/ .63 t3/t4 chineese turbo on my stock d16, running 13 pounds of boost and it pulls like a bitch when it spools. Blew my headgasket because of head lift but the block holds up just fine!, time for some headstuds!

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Don't forget to sand blast the inside of the intake mani and the valves by pouring some sand in the boost pipe. Harbor Freight has some aluminum oxide blasting media that works like a charm. It's like $8 for 5lbs. Might even be able to dump a little in the turbo inlet to blast it out a little :bigok:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't forget to sand blast the inside of the intake mani and the valves by pouring some sand in the boost pipe. Harbor Freight has some aluminum oxide blasting media that works like a charm. It's like $8 for 5lbs. Might even be able to dump a little in the turbo inlet to blast it out a little :bigok:

Sand>Seafoam:yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts