Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a walbro 255 that was out of a crx. I put it in my 93 honda civic. well it fit alright and works good but i advanced my timing all the way just to see what would happen and it was running alright and around half a tank it would almost seem like it was running out of fuel but it was still letting me go. its kinda hard to explain. when i was putting the pump in the filter on the pump was smaller than the one on my factory fuel pump. can anyone help me please.

·
Registered
314 Posts
First off, what really warrants the use of a fuel pump that big? are you running a setup that requires it? Im pretty sure that a fuel pump that tries to pump at a set rate and cannot acheive it beause the fuel pressure regulator has too low a pressure, could harm the fuel pump, I've never really heard of honda fuel pumps not supplying enough fuel with even a mild setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its for a turbo set up. i havent gotten the regulator in yet. should i take the fuel pump out till i get it. would the pick up being smaller account for any of this. its off a crx im not sure if it makes a diference. i also have injectors on the way if thats going to make a difference.

·
Registered
330 Posts
with turbo its better to put fuel upgrades in when you put the turbo in.......or else "you can really hurt urself( ur car)" <===like granny says :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yea, if your N/A right now, you really dont need the extra fuel, not unless your bringing in a considerable amount of extra air, IE boost. I'd keep the old fuel pump in for now, and switch it out when you get that turbo runnin so you can make hella power.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Im still NA with a load of bolt ons, but Ill be boosting in the next few months, so my 255 walbro is getting in soon here......

·
Registered
201 Posts
jdmvtecd15b said:
well its for a turbo set up. i havent gotten the regulator in yet. should i take the fuel pump out till i get it. would the pick up being smaller account for any of this. its off a crx im not sure if it makes a diference. i also have injectors on the way if thats going to make a difference.
DO NOT get a B&M ADJ. FPR they SUCK! get a cosmo or AEM, but i'd go with the cosmo since its cheaper! also if you get bigger injectors, you MUST have some type of fuel management i.e. uber/crome, hondata, aem etc! goodluck with the build

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
reinstall your pump at proper location, you mounted your too high and it is running out of fuel.

Mounted per instructions, I've ran the tank damn near bone dry, 11.5 gallons pumped into a 11.5 gallon tank and never hesitated.

W

·
0 Posts
i remember i had a aem fuel pressure regulator and that thing broke like 3 months after i installed it to my aem fuel rail. i dont recommend the aem but ive been usin the b&m for awhile and haven't had any problems. as long as you have a guage to know what the hell you are seting the pressure to you should be allright.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts