Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i recently did a mpfi swap on my 89 lx 4 door, d16a6 is what i put in.
the car was running ,great, had a few codes 9 10 and 14, i got the 10 code gone, now after swaping some plugs( iat and eacv) that i had backwards, i get 9 code still but also a 16 code ( fuel injection) , the car wont start up and stay running it dies instantly, if i keep it running with the pedal , it stumbles and pops back threw the intake , not good. so i checked the resistor box, the injectors all the good stuff, it all ohmed out fine everything is working, i have switched ecus both do the same thing,

any help??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a code 16 on my d15b2 a while back and when i replaced the distributor and the code went away, dont no if thats what it is but i could be. Try taking off the distributor cap and wiping all the whit powder residue in side thats cased from moist, it could be alot of things but its probaly simple.
Make sure you did your wireing correctly also.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys i checkedc the dizzy , and it is fine, i checked the main relay its fine,

the car starts but still dies, i cleaned the iinjectors, and plugs,it sputters alot when i keep it runnning,it will not idle on its own, and is still throwing the same codes, i haVE CHECHED AL GBROUNDS FUEL IS GOOD , I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO CHECK SPARK( I HAve no one to help me,since it wont run on its own

any suggestions will be appreciated

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Make sure the injector plugs are in right order! A1 going to Cylinder 1 closest to cam gear and so on from there..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poping like that is timeing. put #1 cyl at TDC and take off you dizzy cap and check an make sure its correct with the spark plug wires. and check your dizzy wireing, mainly the 2 white wires.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok no, if its popping and stuff and throwin cel 16 then something is wrong with your injector wiring, easiest way i foudn to fix it is wire each injector signalwire straittothe ecu, 1 being the closest to the timing belt, this is EXACTLY what my car did, make sureyour engine harness isnt hitting the alternator belt :)

anyway, make sure u have the inj wires in the right place, then run 2 adn 4 strait tothe ecu AND USE SOLDER

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got it to stop popping it runs great,now, but still got the cel9and 16, i cant gigures it out , again it runs great , i am gonna try new dizzy and ecu, ( well swap some parts in and out, anyother help would be cool , uguys rock

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
when i had a cel 16 on my mpfi swap it was a loose thermostat ground

1 - 9 of 9 Posts