Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i've looked and i've looked but so far i can't find a single picture of TDC on the crank pulley and the camshaft pulley for the A6 Z6 mini me its been too long and now i getting extremely frustrated with this swap. i need two very important questions answered 1. is V-tec required to be hooked up to start the car.
2. were is TDC on the crank and camshaft in correlation to each other pics or a good drawing would be most appreciated.
3. can i run the A6 dizzy on the Z6 head.
4. if so can i run the stock ECU on the Z6 head.
Thanks for you info, P.S. its on an 1988 Honda CRX Si 1.6L. need all the help i can get.:shoot: :cussing: :rl:

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
1. no
2. the crank is the one all by itself (there are 3 close together and one by itself) and the camsprocket has two marks on it to sit flat with the head
3. Yes but not all the holes line up
4. Yes, but you obviously wont have VTEC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for the TDC, if u can get a long enough wrench or breaker bar on the nut on the crank pulley, while the head is off u can turn the crank pulley till cylinders 1 & 4 reach the top of the block.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Um above, you dont need to take the head off to find tdc, you need a really long screwdriver and you stick it through the spark plug holes. You only need to do the 1st cylinder because they should always be in sync

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks but what about the head timing, shound the two level line at at 3 and 9 o'clock be a little turned and not laying flat on the Valve cover but a little forwards.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont have the timing cover upper or lower any pics would be appreciated. or any landmarks around the mark like a bolt or divit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts