Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been talked about before but reading old treads just go me mixed up. I have a JDM D15b vetc The head is Basically the head from a z6 right? so when I order my new intakemanifold, cam, cam gear, vaules,ECT I should order z6 parts right? what about the block will piston, rods for a z6 work? I know the are already fourms about this and I am sorry for making another but I am all messed up any help you be great and my the way my name is George nice to meet all of you.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
yeah i was gonna comment on the tape measure as well, your D15B is essentially the exact same motor as a Z6

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about timeing belt and water pump ect? z6 as well right? just to to let you guys know what's up I have a 95 civic coup stock with H\I\E with a 55 shot, wet zex kit. My milage is getting up there it like 166,XXX right now. I am ordering the d15b from h-motors online I am building the motor for a 75-100shot

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
what about timeing belt and water pump ect? z6 as well right? just to to let you guys know what's up I have a 95 civic coup stock with H\I\E with a 55 shot, wet zex kit. My milage is getting up there it like 166,XXX right now. I am ordering the d15b from h-motors online I am building the motor for a 75-100shot
water pump = yes
t-belt = vx belt, z6 tensoner

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks 99ej6t for your help if you guys can think of any good parts for my build let me know thanks

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The D15B has the same length rods as the D16, not the normal D15 length (134mm vs 137mm). The pistons from a Z6 most likely will not work, as they have higher compression height.

If you are wanting to build up for a 75-100 shot, may as well build your Z6, saves you the headache of finding custom parts...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to ask I like to use the oem Honda factory oil filter which oil filter would I ask for For the Jdm d15b EX,DX,VX??????

·
Registered
315 Posts
The D15B has the same length rods as the D16, not the normal D15 length (134mm vs 137mm). The pistons from a Z6 most likely will not work, as they have higher compression height.
wrist pin on the D15B sits 3mm higher on the piston than other d's... so if you swap in any other d pistons, you start off 3mm out the deck

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Why and How can I tell if it is or not?

and what oil filter do I need, thanks
if the intake manifold has an EGR valve than its VTEC-E

·
Banned
598 Posts
zc vtec is 1.6L motor...if he wants a 1.5L dont order it...
you can also tell the vtec-e motor because it has a tiny ass intake w/ 42mm throttlebody
its very apparent
you can see pictures of most of these motors at www.tigerjapanese.com

only jdm d15b vtec 91-94 has the 137mm rods and is not vtec-e
there is also a 91-94 non-vtec jdm d15b
its undetermined yet if the 95+ jdm d15b vtec has what rods
i personally know the 3.stage vtec d15b has 134mm rods
most major engine sellers list the jdm engines for sale in terms of the usdm market
so 92-95 / 96-00
but the engine stampings are one year ahead in japan
91-94 / 95+

whoever said he can use z6 parts for the bottom end is fool/tool
he can only use the rods if its the jdm d15b vtec (92-95)
the pistons will sit out of the block
all d15's have shorter deck height, hence same bore but less displacement
must use correct pistons for the build...depending on rod...
and the cranks are not compatible...different size mains 48mm to 45mm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts