Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I have D15B with usuall I/H/E . I am planing to put in p29 for higher compression and later crower stage 2 cam .

My question is by just puting in p29 pistons will i have to change the timing too .or will the stock timing be good .

Also what type of gain will i have with p29 , crower stage2 cam and mild pnp of head and tb

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You should advance your timing anyway, because there is usually horsepower to be made. Only a little though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
do you know the compression height on the stock piston compaired to the p29s. in any case, there should always be tuning. but i would have to say that it is possible to run stock ecu...just not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You should advance your timing anyway, because there is usually horsepower to be made. Only a little though.
WRONG

fucking noob city around here...

You need to retard your timing with higher compression.

The engine will need to run 93 octane and be completely retuned. You'll need an ECU chipped with crome or uberdata or hondata to allow for datalogging and re-writable ignition and fuel maps.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
do you know the compression height on the stock piston compaired to the p29s. in any case, there should always be tuning. but i would have to say that it is possible to run stock ecu...just not a good idea.
Compression height? WTF is that? Unless you have some hard facts or experience to post up then it's better to just read and learn for awhile.

Listen people, p29's are not an easy way to extra power. You can't just throw pistons in there. Replacing pistons is a major job that requires machine work, measuring tolerance, special tools and most importantly, experience. You'll spend a ton of money and have very little in return, unless you're doing a totall all-motor build.

For everyone who wants a more powerful daily driver I cannot stress enough at how simple and cheap a turbo kit is compared to an all-motor build.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i one noob too but what about the zc pistons? if i run those pistons can i still use the stock rod on the y7s?
start your own thread noob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts