Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 civic LX 4dr
5 speed manual and exhaust is needing some work. I have a manifold off of a z6 motor and downpipe and a test pipe as well. Will this bolt up to my cat back section directly? Or will it need modified?
Figured I would check with the free parts I have first. Searched around but couldn't find a straight answer.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,054 Posts
92-00 should all be the same bends. 4 door may be longer

·
Premium Member
1995 honda civic
29 Posts
I have a 1997 civic LX 4dr
5 speed manual and exhaust is needing some work. I have a manifold off of a z6 motor and downpipe and a test pipe as well. Will this bolt up to my cat back section directly? Or will it need modified?
Figured I would check with the free parts I have first. Searched around but couldn't find a straight answer.
Im doing exhaust shopping for my car right now. D series Pacesetter header fits 92-00 civic.

I bought a used holley airmass header and it bolted right up to my 95 civic CX stock catback.

Looks like the differences come into play with the catback. Pre bent exhaust kits come with the option 92-95 and 96-00.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what I am finding eye balling it
Manifold won't be an issue but exhaust won't direct fit so probably just going to get yonaka cat back and eBay or yonaka header

·
Premium Member
1995 honda civic
29 Posts
Yeah that's what I am finding eye balling it
Manifold won't be an issue but exhaust won't direct fit so probably just going to get yonaka cat back and eBay or yonaka header
I meant the catback from 92-95 and 96-00 are probably routed different. If a company says a header fits 92-00 d series I'd imagine it bolts to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
I meant the catback from 92-95 and 96-00 are probably routed different. If a company says a header fits 92-00 d series I'd imagine it bolts to the stock exhaust.
Not always, like for example the plm header has a shorter length, but yes most the generic ones fit.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic EX
0 Posts
I noticed with my buddies 1999 coupe that fitment and bends were weird and it turned out to be a 92-95 exhaust system. The resonator and s-pipe didn't fit right. On my 97 sedan it had the same issues. I bought an ebay cat back system for a 96-2000 and it fit pretty good. I hated the fart can so I bolted the stock muffler up till I could get a boosted motor in.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DA using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts