Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just replaced my alt due to bearing issues. After instal the car won't crank. No noise, no clicks nothing. Battery ended up being bad, so I replaced it. Still nothing. Only dash lights I get are srs and brake no others. They were dim at first now nothing. New main relay also...im lost.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
all grounds tight and clean? power wire from alt good and clean? battery fuse still good?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Did you put the wires on the right spot on the battery? Power wire to starter clean and tight? And like said above are all grounds clean and tight?

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, all grounds are good, and all connections are good. I'm starting to think it's the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are the fuses good? Especially the big ones in the under hood fuse box

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also sometimes the fan kicks on if I hold the key in the start position. But not everytime.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
It could be the ignition switch but also could be starter relay or starter. You can test the starter by jump power to the little terminal on the starter.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
If I remember right it’s under the dash on the drivers side might be up high in the corner. You can google search it and it will show you exactly where it is

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic EX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok small update...the oil, check engine, and battery light that usually come on in the run position are very dim, but if I push the key a little they get a little brighter.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
375 Posts
There's an IF here ...

IF the switch is like the Prelude ones, it's mounted behind the key barrel. Sometimes getting at this and cleaning everything with solvent and fine emery paper makes it work again.

Also, does the key work better one way or another? Most of our cars are old enough to have wear on these parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts