Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,I need help deciding on a clutch for my build..to start off I will be shooting for 500-600hp with the PTE 5558 and then swap to a 6262..I've heard great things about the Action Iron man clutch but I don't think it will hold the power I'm shooting for..so I'm leaning towards a Clutch Master twin disc...the car will see mostly 1/8 mile local track use but some limited street use also..Trans has MFactory LSD and Synchrotech synchro's..I'll be using Insane shafts axels..any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
22" is to small for 500hp and I could guarantee that you'll run out of 4th. 23" is the perfect size for dseries gearings, although 24.5" will work just fine with that kind of power if you have enough clutch. I've had best results with Competition Clutches and would highly recommended them to anyone. However, I think the Comp stage 5 might slip at 500hp so twin disc would be ideal

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
22" is to small for 500hp and I could guarantee that you'll run out of 4th. 23" is the perfect size for dseries gearings, although 24.5" will work just fine with that kind of power if you have enough clutch. I've had best results with Competition Clutches and would highly recommended them to anyone. However, I think the Comp stage 5 might slip at 500hp so twin disc would be ideal
Thanks..good to know..I'll probably use a 23" slick...I ended up with to Clutch Masters twin disc.. I came out lil cheaper with the CM

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Thanks..good to know..I'll probably use a 23" slick...I ended up with to Clutch Masters twin disc.. I came out lil cheaper with the CM
No problem man just sharing datas based on experience and I've tried all those tire sizes. Twin disc should be plenty enough, Ohh, and let 'er eat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts