Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 1991 mazda 929, it only has 50k miles on it and is in imaculate condition so i have ruled out any major issue as not being possible. It sat in a garage for about 2 years and i just put a new battery in it and started driving it, well about three weeks after i began driving it it would periodically bog down when given gas, just seemed like it didnt wanna go anymore, it was also hard starting too. I think it is the fuel filter since it sat for so long and then i drove it with the old gas, Am i correct or could it be something else?????

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
check fuel filter, plugs and wires. Also, if the gas is that old, it could have gone bad (I've seen it happen). If you can drain the tank and put fresh fuel in there, that may help too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it was pretty old, i ran through like 3 more tanks after that before it started acting weird. Its got new plugs and wires, were put on just before it was garaged.

·
Registered
Magnum RT
1,409 Posts
All the old crap that was in the tank fell to the bottom. When you filled it up, it probably knocked it all loose again and you sucked some of the crap from the bottom down the line. Try replacing the filter, draining the tank, and see if that helps out. Do you hear the fuel pump getting any louder, like it's working harder to flow the fuel at all?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any way to test it to be sure cause it is kind of expensive and i wanna be sure that that is it before i buy it

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
Idk but I'm sure you could go serch on a mazda site. Go to a junk yard souldnt be no more then $50 but if u go to a part stora or dealer yeah they'll get u! I jus know this cause it happend to my homie he tried all types of shit till he went down to the local junk yard and got the meter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it doesnt do it all the time though it is like an on and off deal, could the meter be cutting in and out or something

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so replaced the fuel filter, doubt that was it the other one was just fine, not the slightest bit clogged

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok bought a new meter and should be here some time next week so hope it works

1 - 17 of 17 Posts