Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a d15b swap into my 91 honda civic DX I now have all the parts I need to do the swap (p28 ecu 4 wire o2 sensor obd1 distributor flywheel clutch transmition and mounts. and also the rywire obd0 - obd1 ecu conversion kit.

However there is one sensor that is busted up on the engine. That I dont have a clue what they are. Ill do my best to discribe what and where it is.

on the side of the engine where the distributor would go. below that area there is a green cap looking thing that is broken It is a little smaller in diamiter than a 1/4 can anyone tell me what this is and if I can get it repaired.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine is not in the car yet.

I wanted to get everything fixed before I drop the motor. Do you have any other thoughts or know anyone who has a d15b jdm vtec engine that would know?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like it's your Vtec solenoid. not sure where you could get another one, but thats what it sounds like to me.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to sound nieve or wishfull :stupid: but could I just replace the broken plastic green cap because thats all thats broken. Or fabricate some sort of way to keep it sealed? any thoughts? :cockbloc:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah sure you could but finding one might be kinda hard. check with your Honda dealership.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 dollars plus shipping and i have one for you

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5dollars plus shipping

Sounds good to me send me an email at [email protected] with the address and a picture of the goods and I'll mail out cash right away.

Thanks man ur a life saver. :bubbrubb:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the vtec solonoid is off a d16y8 that wont work but i can send you the green thing since thats all you need

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great Just let me know an address to ship to my e mail is listed earlier in this page. Are you sure the part formally known as "Green thing" will fit on the D15B? Well for 5 bucks I think its worth a shot. I plan to send out some cashola when I get an address from you.

Thanks again :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts